Hi there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there

Hi I'm Angela, I am tottally new to this site, I have had a problem with drink for years now but have finally decided to pack it in and in Janurary this year i went on antabuse. This works really well but in time i want to be a moderate drinker but at the moment i don't think i would be able to handle it. I have just fallen off the wagon and i feel really really terrible about it, when i do drink i don't drink every day and i don't drink savage amounts but every time i do drink i end up drunk which is a nightmare would appreciate some help, advise and support from anyone out there.

Hi there

Angela,

You've come to the right place. I recommend reading the book My Way Out. I've read it several times. Also, reading as many posts here as you can is so helpful. It really makes you realize that you are not alone in your struggles. I've been here for about a month and I felt just like you--desperate, sad, guilty, disappointed in myself, but in the past weeks I've totally immersed myself in this program (and I started taking an anti-depressant/anti-anxiety and began counseling). Just believe that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm seeing it and I never would have imagined it could happen like this. I attribute it to the MYO program and mostly the people here. Take it one day at a time. Each day that you do not drink is like a major victory. Pretty soon those good feelings begin to outweigh the need to drink.

Good luck and keep posting. The people here a fantastic.

Julie

Comment

Hi there

I think Julie said it all - and quite beautifully. Stay here - you are among friends who share your problem but are all dedicated to lifting each other out of it. Keep posting, girl. We are all behind you. You'll never be alone again in this difficult task.
      :welcome:
      Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Working...
      X