My 30 day plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 30 day plan

I am going to follow Snowflake's example and start a new thread in an effort to reach my goal of 30 consecutive AF days, which I believe will help put me on an AF life path.

I joined this website three years ago on April 11, the day after a party at which I was an embarrassment to myself and my DH. I have been trying since then to stop drinking wine and champagne (not tempted by beer, hard alcohol) and made it to 23 days AF, 25days AF, and a bunch of 14 days AF. But, I don't want to come up on three years and not have put alcohol behind me.

Also, let me thank many people who are regular posters -- Mario, K9Lover, Lavande, Kuya, Uk Blonde, Martye, No Sugar, 4theKids, and many others. You encourage us.

I believe that if I start this thread, I'll be more accountable. I travel a lot for my work, have social functions usually at least 1-3 times a week for work and will try to post my plan and progress daily (sometimes with my travel internet connection is not available).

Thanks in advance for your encouragement and support. Plan for tonight is to exercise during the difficult hours of 5-7pm.
    Free at Last
    "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
    http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

My 30 day plan

Wishing you Encouragement of Your 30 Day Journey

Hi Free At Last

I just wanted to quickly acknowledge your thread, that's great news - and of course you can do it. I see that you have a great Plan put in place for tonight - you will be killing two birds with one stone - NO AL and also a fitter leaner you!

Will be thinking of you and already looking forward to seeing your positive post tomorrow!

All the best - You Can Do This - 30 Days - One Day At A Time - Go Gal Go

Snowflake :l X
    If you don't know where you are going,
    you'll end up someplace else.

Comment

My 30 day plan

Thanks, Snowflake. You are so thoughtful.

Anyone out there reading, you are welcome to join in to this threadl. I just read Planet Janet's 30 day challenge and was inspired by how she and others are now over 300 days AF.
      Free at Last

Comment

My 30 day plan

Hi free at last. Good luck, I was sober for a long time then last year I just couldn't get past 20 days or so. I am now on day 72 and feeling stronger by the day.
        Good luck and keep posting x
        AF since 2nd Oct 2012
        Day by day

Comment

My 30 day plan

Hi, Free

You were so tough in the face of Huge Challenges during the last month, I just know you can do this. Starting this personal accountability thread is such a good idea.

It initially bugged me that I felt more accountable to people on MWO than apparently I was to myself, given what a poor self-image that suggests (and I didn't think I had), but over the last 1.5 months, I've accepted/understood 2 things:

1. Humans are social creatures - that interdependence is natural and essential for our health and survival.
          2. Self-images are sometimes distorted!

With all the support you have here and your inner strength, you can do this, Free, and make or beat your April 11 goal. It will be so great to see you do it and celebrate each step along the way!

:h, NS

Comment

My 30 day plan

I am totally here for you Free!

Being accountable here made all the difference in my journey...it still does. Whenever I feel the "urge" I immediately think of Lav's avatar (her chicken Stella...lol) and I KNOW that drinking is not the answer...no matter what the question is.

We'll be keeping our eyes on you now (whether you want us to or not! LOL) :keyhole:

Love,
            K9
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

My 30 day plan

Thanks Mootsbill, K9Lover, No Sugar, and Snowflake. Off to hit the gym. Will report in tomorrow.
              Free at Last

Comment

My 30 day plan

Day one over. On to day 2 AF
                Free at Last

Comment

My 30 day plan

Good Luck for Day 2

Well done on Day 1 Free - now Day 2 - Have a great work out at the gym and try to drink lots of sparkling water afterwards with a drizzle of lemon, I am drinking litres of this potion - it's healthy and tastes great also!

Look forward to reading your positive post tomorrow!

Snow X
                  If you don't know where you are going,
                  you'll end up someplace else.

Comment

My 30 day plan

YAY Free! Welcome to day 2!

In my opinion, in just 2 more days you'll be over the hump. I'm right there with ya' (only MY poison in cigs)....let's hang in there are get through the terrible first few days ok??
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

My 30 day plan

Thanks, Snowflake and K9Lover, for your encouragement. And, yes, K9, let's go through removal of toxins from out bodies together. Yahoo for Day 2. Off to hit the treadmill and then I am half way past my worst time period. Cheers.
                      Free at Last

Comment

My 30 day plan

Finished with Day 2. Had a couple of cravings during the day, but drank water and spent a few minutes in meditation -- helped enormously.

Thanks, all.
                        Free at Last

Comment

My 30 day plan

Great work, free! Can't wait to see you on our day 3.
                          Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

My 30 day plan

HI, Free at Last

I love your name.
                            I started out my 30 day AF so happy to be doing it, knowing that it was going to get tough somewhere down the road. And down the road is just where I am now. But, I come here and everyone is so helpful and so encouraging. Today is Day 12 for me

You can DO this thing, Free! I know you can! The exercise helps. The keeping busy helps. But your first instinct of starting this thread is what is really going to do it for you. I will keep you in my thoughts today. Good luck.

Comment

My 30 day plan

Morning everyone,
                              Had trouble falling asleep, so overslept the alarm clock and must now get cracking at work (from my apartment, with my dog by my side -- love the days I work from home). Thanks to everyone for your encouragement.

NoNameGirl, congrats on day 12 -- keep going!
                              Siren, will check in with the 311 gang this morning and later tonight. Appreciate you starting that thread.
                              Free at Last

Comment

Working...
                              X