My 30 day plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 30 day plan

Intense thoughts about alcohol today. All the way to the airport I considered a glass of wine while in the club, a glass of champagne after boarding, and red wine with dinner. But, then I thought about not making my 30 day goal, of having to post it here to MWO community, and I ordered seltzer water and lime. Will keep ordering SWL for the next two flights (22 hours in transit, oh joy.) Now on 26 consecutive AF days. Will post when I can.
    Free at Last
    "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
    http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

My 30 day plan

Free, you are almost at the 30 day mark, we are very proud of you and are supporting you every step of the way! Keep strong, post when you can and keep sharing those AL thoughts so we can help beat them down with you!!!!! Can't wait for you to get your hat, starting on an AF free May tomorrow...
      On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

My 30 day plan

Thanks, Halo. Find if I dissect my AL thoughts I am better at getting to the root of what is going on with my mental battles. Happy to report only SW&L for me. On to day 27 AF.
        Free at Last

Comment

My 30 day plan

Congrats Free, and thanks for starting the May thread! The monthly threads have been key to my success, I got through most of March when the 311 gang was started by Siren on March 11, and have been AF ever since, previously i tried to quit but wasn't able to. I have had so much more success with the monthl thread, it seems easier to break it down this way and to connect with people on the MWO. Your 30 days is near, so very proud and hope that you are feeling good and that some rest and relaxation is just around the corner for you, and not on an airplane or airport :H...
          On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

My 30 day plan

Arrived to my consulting gig (15 hours on a plane away!) to a non-functioning internet. Really missed my MWO community. Happy to report I am now starting day 28 AF. Can see my clear to 30 days and will use the AF May thread to keep me going on this path to a joyful, sober life. Thanks to all for your encouragement.
            Free at Last

Comment

My 30 day plan

Another AF day/night for me -- this should be end of day 28. Honestly, so jetlagged i can't remember what day it is. But, sleeping soundly -- no wondering what I said, did the night before. Ready for another day.
              Free at Last

Comment

My 30 day plan

free at last;1500381 wrote: Another AF day/night for me -- this should be end of day 28. Honestly, so jetlagged i can't remember what day it is. But, sleeping soundly -- no wondering what I said, did the night before. Ready for another day.
                How you ever did all of this while drinking is beyond me, Free! I think I would have been in a jet-lagged state 100% of the time!

Congratulations on another successful day! Isn't it so much fun to go to bed knowing you DID IT?

xx NS :h

Comment

My 30 day plan

How I did it while drinking? Thought I was pretty good at "keeping it together" but now realize what it is to function on all cylinders, to literally hit the ground running. Yeah, it is a good feeling to intentionally go to bed to fall asleep and get the "sleep of the innocent"
                  Free at Last

Comment

My 30 day plan

Day 29 and the beginning of the weekend. Here's to another day of being present for everything that comes my way -- good, bad, indifferent.
                    Free at Last

Comment

My 30 day plan

Keep up the good work free, just starting day 7 myself today, bank holiday weekend coming up in the UK this weekend and I am looking forward to actually remembering it this time! Have a great weekend!

Comment

My 30 day plan

Thanks, ASMWP, for your good thoughts and congrats on 7 days. I remember what a big accomplishment that was for me.

Day 29 involved lots of AL thoughts, but swam, ate, drank seltzer water, and posted. My recipe for success. Thanks to all for your encouragement.
                        Free at Last

Comment

My 30 day plan

10pm here, and thrilled to report end of 30 consecutive AF days and nights. While swimming in the pool (my new habit when I am on the road), I did the count of big accomplishments over the past 30days.

1) 8 international plane rides totaling 70 hours in the air. Figure I said "no thank you" at least 32-40 times, plus walking past the bar on my way to the bathroom countless times. Watched too many b-rated movies.
                          2) 20 hours in airport lounges. Avoided the free wine and champagne. Probably ate too many chocolates, cheese, and crackers.
                          3) 6 work dinners -- watched while others imbibed. Confess there were times I longed for my neighbor's glass of wine.
                          4) houseguests who drink wine. Poured for them, then poured the remaining wine down the drain.
                          5) dumped complimentary wine (from the hotel) down the drain
                          6) didn't lose any weight, but also didn't gain any. I think the increase in chocolate and potato chips may be the culprit.
                          7) posted on MWO as often as I could
                          8) embarked on this journey by telling my DH of my goal (he has been extremely supportive)
                          9) no hotflashes during the night, no headaches in the morning, no wondering what I did/said
                          10) beginning to feel present in this world. It will, however, be ODAT journey for me because the thougths of AL are still just below the surface. But, for the past 30 days/nights, I have not acted on my thoughts.

Many thanks to my MWO friends who have been so encouraging. You contributed to my success.
                          Free at Last

Comment

My 30 day plan

:yougo:CONGRATULATIONS :yougo:

30 days AF! That is fantastic! Especially with all that travelling... It always used to surprise me how much people chug down in those airline lounges (me included) so can't have been easy but you did it! I take it you're travelling for work? I used to do that a lot before I had kids. I always felt so virtuous when I didn't drink on a plane - and felt so much better for it.

So what's the plan now? Another 30 days?

:l
                            AF since Halloween 2016

Trying to kill my Wine Witch! :smileyb:

Comment

My 30 day plan

Thanks, Wine-No! I think all the traveling, and the free alcohol, was when I went from occasional to regular drinking. Yes, I travel a lot for work -- am a consultant with international clients.

My plan -- to get through this week AF, then I am on holiday with my DH for two weeks, which is less of a temptation because he rarely drinks. Can't really consider much beyond one week at a time, probably more like one day at a time, really.

Glad to see the progress you are making, especially with your daily posting on your thread. It sure helped me this past month.
                              Free at Last

Comment

My 30 day plan

Sounds like a good plan to me... Imagine a holiday with no hangovers or need to snooze in the afternoon! You will have a great time!
                                AF since Halloween 2016

Trying to kill my Wine Witch! :smileyb:

Comment

Working...
                                X