My 30 day plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 30 day plan

Day 10 -- Just finished writing a major speech for my client. Have intense thoughts of relaxing by the pool with a glass (or 2,3,4) of wine. Coming to MWO to post is helping keep the urge at bay. Instead, I'm going to swim to clear my head and, if the internet is still working in this not-so-connected place, will read and post. This accountability is helpful. Best wishes to all on their journey
    Free
    Free at Last
    "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
    http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

My 30 day plan

While swimming think about how great the first glass of wine is...and then....think about how you will be back up to the bar for your second one as quickly as you can polish off the first, etc... When I really get a craving (luckily I am not tempted much...and you are daily) I play it to the end. So far it has made me scared to drink. Can you get a massage or get a pedicure to congratulate yourself for finishing the speech???!!!
      4the kids:l

Comment

My 30 day plan

free at last;1480398 wrote: Day 10 -- Just finished writing a major speech for my client. Have intense thoughts of relaxing by the pool with a glass (or 2,3,4) of wine. Coming to MWO to post is helping keep the urge at bay. Instead, I'm going to swim to clear my head and, if the internet is still working in this not-so-connected place, will read and post. This accountability is helpful. Best wishes to all on their journey
        Free
        You aren't gonna do that, Free, and you know it!! You would be so stressed out about telling us, there would be NO WAY to RELAX --- Glad you came here instead!
        Good job on getting the speech done, though!!

Enjoy your swim!!

Comment

My 30 day plan

You are right, No Sugar. I thought -- how can I tell NS I will have another "Day 10" to suffer through. I can only hope that, in time, not longing for a glass of wine will pass. Yeah, I know while I'm longing, I'm not remembering how rotten I usually feel in the am after imbibing in the pm.

So, can report Day 10 AF successfully completed.
          Free at Last

Comment

My 30 day plan

Great job Free!!

I am going to swim tonight too! Have fun :l
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

My 30 day plan

Day 11 almost end of work day, beginning of the "difficult" period where I usually want a glass of wine. Now, I want to finish work, hit the gym and the pool. First time I have had enough energy to workout (swimming is water yoga for me, not a workout). Feeling good today. Thanks to all for your encouragement. Free.
              Free at Last

Comment

My 30 day plan

free at last;1480932 wrote: Day 11 almost end of work day, beginning of the "difficult" period where I usually want a glass of wine. Now, I want to finish work, hit the gym and the pool. First time I have had enough energy to workout (swimming is water yoga for me, not a workout). Feeling good today. Thanks to all for your encouragement. Free.
                Good luck. Wow a dip in the pool sounds great. Snowing hear : (

Comment

My 30 day plan

Really great job, Free!!!! Really! 11 days. That is fantastic.

4thekids

Comment

My 30 day plan

Thanks 4theKids. If I have my math right you are 20 days ahead of us. Nice job.
                    Free at Last

Comment

My 30 day plan

I'm so proud of you Free - Please keep it up! You must be feeling so much better in yourself - both physically and mentally. You are very nearly half-way there - Well Done!

Snow X
                      If you don't know where you are going,
                      you'll end up someplace else.

Comment

My 30 day plan

Day 12 -- end of a long week that still involves a full day of work on Saturday. Very tempted to kick back with a glass of wine but will, instead, post, swim, and possibly get a massage. Onward!
                        Free at Last

Comment

My 30 day plan

I hear ya! Feeling the same way today....

Comment

My 30 day plan

4theKids -- is it because you hit a major milestone? Does that trigger something like "i deserve...?" Curious because I keep hoping the evenings will get easier, and I am stringing together a lot of difficult nights. But, I am always glad in the am that I didn't drink in the pm. Stay strong.
                            Free at Last

Comment

My 30 day plan

It might be be or it just may be the end of a long week where I really want to relax Ina way that is familiar and fun to me. How are you today? Are you home this weekend or still on the road?

Comment

My 30 day plan

Hi all, just learned I need to be at a conference in another location -- with limited email. Packing bags and catching a taxi to the airport. Will be online when I can . All's well, though I wish I was in one place for a while. Will post when I can. All best, Free.
                                Free at Last

Comment

Working...
                                X