Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 2 for the 311 Gang

Dear All,
    A quick check in -- kept myself busy most of today running errands and now off to the gym for 1/2 hour on the treadmill.

K9Lover, you asked about my dog -- I have a 70 pound mutt--beagle, GS, hound dog that we rescued from a kill shelter -- he's the best.

Halfway Content--I am thinking about you being with your sister when she died. I held my father's hand when he died, and my mother-in-law when she died this year. I viewed it as a sacred priviledge to be a part of their passing, but it also made me terribly sad. And, yes, I drank wine to mask my sorrow. I also know about the social occasions, as I have 1-2 dinner/cocktail parties for work per week. I am using the "trying to lose weight" because now that I'm in my 50s the weight goes on easy but does not come off.

How are the rest of the Day 2ers doing?
    Free at Last
    "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
    http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Day 2 for the 311 Gang

I'm still hanging in there. I'm about to go make some dinner here shortly. I worked a bit late today since the hub isn't home. I crossed just one thing off my list so far. Lots to keep me busy tonight.
      Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Day 2 for the 311 Gang

Free - I LOVE mutts! My little beloved Sandy is a mix of who-knows-what...I've had her about 13 years When she's really happy she yawns and does this cute little squeal at the end...I HAVE to get it on video because I can't even begin to imitate it. lol

Halfway - You'll get there...just take it a minute at a time.
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Day 2 for the 311 Gang

Hang in there Siren. Post if you even think about having a glass of wine. We'll talk you out of it!
          Free at Last

Comment

Day 2 for the 311 Gang

Whoa, major cravings for me. Really fighting taking the secret shot. There is no vodka in the house, but there is wine, beer, gin, whiskey and rum in the liquor cabinet. I keep telling myself that the secret shot is no secret to my liver.

Minute by minute, you guys. Won't be long until bedtime and then it will be Day Three!!!

Comment

Day 2 for the 311 Gang

You can do this Halfway!

Remember: A craving never lasts as long as a hangover, and you'll NEVER wake up wishing you'd drank the night before!

Read a book, take a bath, organize your silverware drawer...do whatever it takes!!
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Day 2 for the 311 Gang

and dump the liquor....I had too
                we are here for ya'll
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Day 2 for the 311 Gang

There's no wine or vodka here. Beer downstairs, but it doesn't bother me at all. My husband makes mead, so I have that temptation downstairs. I'm pretty sure he counted everything before he left and I promised him I wouldn't drink it.

You're right, halfway - we can't fool our livers, can we?

I used to make this drink - vodka, pink grapefruit juice, and tonic water. It's just as yummy without the voddie.
                  Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Day 2 for the 311 Gang

Siren136;1476663 wrote: I didn't get much sleep last night to be honest. I'm feeling a bit weary. But yes, no hang-over is very nice for a change.

I have a plan to keep me busy after work and before dinner and then after dinner and before bed - to keep me off the couch, which is where I like to do my drinking. "Stay off the couch!" is turning into my motto :H

Clean the litterbox
                    clean the bird room
                    put laundry away
                    empty the dishwasher
                    get all my shoes and clothes off the floor/furniture all through the house and put them away
                    re-organize all my spices and cookbooks
                    change my sheets and blanket
                    re-organize the pantry
                    vacuum all the dog hair off my floor

I hope I don't get them all done tonight or I'll have to come up with something different for tomorrow!
                    way too much ambition. Makes me want to take a nap. Good for you - keep posting! Maybe it will inspire me out of this depression. I know doing something/anything works. I just don't want to. Dinner, sitting and posting are my highest efforts right now.
                    10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Day 2 for the 311 Gang

Day 2 goes somewhat better, trying to figure out how I can do this without failing yet again. Siren love the thread, I think this will help alot!!!

K9: I really love your tag "I love my daughter more than alcohol". I love my kids more than alcohol too, but saying it and living it are two different things. I need to live it.. How long have you been AF now? Did you relaspe at the beginning?

Siren 136: You are an inspiration accomplishing all those chores, I am feeling major depressed ( a result of the previous day's binge) and hoping to snap out of it and be productive like you! Thanks again for setting up this thread it is going to help me alot..

Here's to a great day 3
                      On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Day 2 for the 311 Gang

Halfway, try to drink lots of water. I had cravings early today and water with a lime helped me past the difficult period. Of course, I am eating more chocolate than ever before!

A couple of weeks ago, when I was on Day 5 AF, I walked into my hotel room and there was a bottle of really nice red wine as a gift from the manager. No Sugar gave me the best advice -- pour it out. I poured it down the bathroom sink and made it through that evening. Not certain if this is an option for you, but it sure helped me that night.

Sending warm wishes to everyone who is trying to remain AF tonight.
                        Free at Last

Comment

Day 2 for the 311 Gang

Hey, Strong, just saw your post. Glad to see you online tonight. I, too, didn't get too many chores done -- work, laundry, dog walk, simple dinner and a little television and I'm puckered out. Still jet lagged from the last road trip. Leaving again on Saturday, but I'll worry about that in a couple of days Stay strong!
                          Free at Last

Comment

Day 2 for the 311 Gang

I am safely tucked in bed upstairs. Very early for me, but at least I made it through those tough hours.
                            Dumping all of the liquor in the house really isn't an option for me. Sooooo much of it around, most unopened gifts so perhaps I can give it away. Honestly, I don't want the alcohol, just the feeling of calmness it can bring. My rosary will do its job tonight!

Thanks all for your support. I apologize that I am so focused on my own goal. I truly want each one of you to reach your goals, too. My glass is full of Pellegrino and lemon and it tastes divine! Thanks for the tip, free at last.

Comment

Day 2 for the 311 Gang

Lemon water really is yummy, isn't it? Who knew?

My chore list was not just for tonight - I'll do a bit each night until I'm done. I did a bunch though (some not on the list I discovered needed doing). I did a little couch time but I was ok. My other addiction is watching Jeopardy every night, usually while I eat dinner. Then posted on here for a while, then got some chores done. So looking forward to day 3 tomorrow.

Check in with you tomorrow 311 gang! Sweet dreams!

Comment

Day 2 for the 311 Gang

Hello Siren and thanks for starting the thread. Day 3 for me tomorrow!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X