For a weekend laugh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For a weekend laugh

What is the dumbest thing your spouse/partner has ever done. Mine asked me what I wanted for my 44 birthday I said for you to get a vasectomy, he said no problem. He came home from the urologist with his little cup and pamplet. He sat them on the foyer entry table and said My Doctor is away on vacation for 6 weeks when he comes back, I'll go in. I waited, that damn cup sat there 6 months before I threw it away. I'll be 46 this year and will ask for the same thing and see what happens. The other dumb thing my family is part dutch and I don't guess he ever really belived me one evening he came upsatirs and said "Honey I was watching this show about Amsterdam and there was this prositute that looked just like you" That's my Guy
    Smiles
    mary

For a weekend laugh

Whats the dumbest thing my husband has ever done? Ummm.....let me think, oh, marrying me!!! God, he is mad and brave.

Comment

For a weekend laugh

Hmmm? Leaving me for an older woman?? - at least he could have gone for a newer model!

Talking about wonderful birthday presents though, I think the best has to be a large cooking pot - Mind you I did buy him a tube of Grecian 2000 to dye his grey hair, - and I wonder why this marriage didn't last:H
      :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
      Goals:
      Days 1-7 DONE
      Days 8-14 DONE
      Days 15-21 DONE
      30 days DONE
      60 days
      100 days

Comment

For a weekend laugh

The list is to long. Divorced also...go figure. He bought me new tires one year for my car...

Comment

For a weekend laugh

Girls, this why we "trade up" when getting Husbands this is my 3rd one and 7 years younger. My 1st husband said to me once when I asked why he didn't say I love you to me," I told you once and you should know if it changes I'll let you know"
          Smiles
          Mary

Comment

For a weekend laugh

LOL!

The dumbest thing my husband did was divorcing me! He is now on Part II of the same story with another wife and another child, but the same damn problems! This time, he can't blame it on me! However, I think he did the right thing for me! How thoughtful!
            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

For a weekend laugh

Absolutely, 100% agree Y-A-H- he's going through the same issues with wife no.2 and I'm having a blast! Have to remember to thank him one day...

Goals:
              Days 1-7 DONE
              Days 8-14 DONE
              Days 15-21 DONE
              30 days DONE
              60 days
              100 days

Comment

For a weekend laugh

simeybear;111354 wrote: Girls, this why we "trade up" when getting Husbands this is my 3rd one and 7 years younger. My 1st husband said to me once when I asked why he didn't say I love you to me," I told you once and you should know if it changes I'll let you know"
                Smiles
                Mary
                LOL! Mary, I'm also on my third and this one is 12 years older.

My second ex used to make earthquake noises when I walked by. I was about 130 pounds, but to him that was obese since I was 110 when we married. Mind you, I'm 5'7". What a moron.

Same guy also got me running boards for my Explorer for Mother's Day one year. Of course we were buying them anyway, but since it was within a few weeks' time of MD, he decided that would be my gift. What a lovely thought.
                Kathy

"I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning to sail my ship." ~ Louisa May Alcott

Comment

For a weekend laugh

The dumbest thing?????

Thinking it would be a good idea to ask his VERY emotionally dependent mother to stay with us for 6 months STRAIGHT after we had just had his (typical messy unhelpful male) friend over from Blighty for 5 weeks......................in a TINY open plan house where there is NO escape bar going to the toilet or going to bed!!!!!!!!

Aaaarrrrrgggghhhhhhhhh......roll on April the 28th

Comment

For a weekend laugh

Talking about the gift side of this... On our last anniversary I went and bought my husband a juicing machine, something that I'd always wanted. He forgotten what day it was. He dashed out and and got me my present and when I opened it, it was a cordless screwdriver.

Comment

For a weekend laugh

Another one, for my last birthday, my husband bought me a book on dieting, and from the kids he bought a size 22 dressing gown, he couldn't understand why I burst ot crying. I'd just gaind around 10lbs but was still only a size 12 (uk).

Comment

For a weekend laugh

Over, Sometimes men are so dreadful! Mine, for that 44th birthday that I mentioned took me to dinner at The Inn of Little Washington,( perhaps some of you have heard of it). $800 dinner vs. $100 co-pay. Male logic???? oxymoron
                        Mary

Comment

For a weekend laugh

For the first New Year celebration in years that we were both going to be at home for the duration in years, my hubby invited both his Son who lives in england (aged 17), his Mother who lives in Portsoy, roughly 80 miles from here (aged 74) to stay with us for two and three weeks respectively. Fine - but we have a mid terraced, very small, two bedroomed property......... we live our lives as such that we own have our own bedroom (two adults, two bedrooms) you get the picture! Where on earth was he thinking we were going to put them! I pointed this out to him on numerous occasions and his answer.... but they are family! Yes both welcome BUT where are we going to put them! ............. Yes you guessed, me on one couch, hubby on other, what a GREAT holiday THAT WAS!!! NOT! To add to my relaxation, he decided that HE was on holiday (not me obviously) and proceeded to drink day and night, was obnoxious, argumentative, falling over, nasty etc etc etc...... This new year I hope he invites them both again as HE had such a good time on HIS holiday, I have already arranged alternative celebrations for myself !

Lorna
                          Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

For a weekend laugh

Gals, they can be total asses, but I want to share with you this thing I did totally unaware. I had a surgery as I was coming out of the anthestetic (sp) . They came out and asked my husband are you Simon? No he said my name is Greg, Simon is her dog. Truly woman's best friend
                            Have a grwat weekend
                            mary

Comment

For a weekend laugh

OK, this got me thinking a little. I feel it's always good to share experiences to maybe help others in similar situations and I would like to share a few pointers when thinking about organising that wondrous celebration of married bliss - the honeymoon ...

1) Actually, even before the honeymoon - grooms, please, if anyone is to shed a tear at the joyous occassion, it should be the bride, not you
                              2) Do not ,upon entering the first bar you come to, offer your bride to the first biker who asks "Oy mate, can I kiss the bride?!" , by stepping back and saying 'fine, she's all yours'!
                              3) A day's horseback riding for your first day of nuptial bliss should not be top of your list of 'things to do' - not if you want to 'do' things later
                              3) When thinking accomodation, think hotel rather than dossing with old college mate who lives on the edge of Harlem in New York where, being white, the safest course of action is to lay low
                              3) Don't, at affore-mentioned wondrous accomodation, expect your new wife to sleep in the hospital bed recently vacated by his mother - yep, you've got the picture - she'd died there a couple of months earlier!
                              4) Oh, and don't drink too much and walk out on your new wife leaving her to get her own way home and later discuss your trauma at turning 30 and getting married within 2 months! - that conversation, I'm sure, could at least wait a week or so !

And from these auspicious beginnings followed 16 years of married 'bliss' !:H Next time I think I'll do the arranging ...

Goals:
                              Days 1-7 DONE
                              Days 8-14 DONE
                              Days 15-21 DONE
                              30 days DONE
                              60 days
                              100 days

Comment

Working...
                              X