Day Eight for the 311 Gang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning. Day Eight begins. It is back to work for me today, so my thoughts are on my students. I will come home tired and longing for that liquid stress reliever, so tonight the teacher faces the test. I feel good and determined to pass with flying colors.

Stay strong!

Good luck and huge congrats on day 8

You are doing absolutely brilliantly

Day 2 for me - planning not to fail by not failing to plan
    Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Massive congratulations on day 8 content!! I'm also a teacher and i find that a tough day is one big challenge! But we're in it together and we can pass that test with flying colours!!

And congratulations on day 2 quest!! I'm also on day two and feeling determined! I'll also be planning and looking at tips to keep me on the right path

have a great af day, you're both doing amazing!!
      'The surest way not to fail is to determine to succeed'
      Richard Brinsley Sheridan

1st goal: 7 days
      2nd goal: 30 days
      3rd goal: 3 months

Comment

Checking in. Still AF. Had some stress yesterday (family stuff) but took some time to myself and relaxed. Work should be alright then tonight running with my friends. So should be a good day. Better than the alternative.
        :new: AF 3/11/13

Comment

Been wondering since I saw this......if the 311 is at all based on the music group, or is it just a coincidence?

Attached files [img]/converted_files/2076845=7507-attachment.jpg[/img]
          Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

No, there were like 10 of us whose day one was March 11 - 311. Hence the name.
            Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Hi all, just checking in at the end of day 8AF for me. First day back on my consulting assignment, got past the difficult early evening hours by going for a swim. On to another day.

Congrats to all for continuing on your paths.
              Free at Last
              "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
              http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Hello everyone, just checking in as well, not even remotely feeling like having a drink, which is a very good thing! Everyone sounds like they are doing awesome, keep on the path to AF, I thought it may be a neat idea to share a list of great books that we have really liked over the years or have recently read. I am planning to stay low on going out, and am hoping to spend more time reading. I remember a book mentione don the newbie's nest about a woman who gave up drinking (not the MWO book but another similar memoir) that was highly recommended. Does anone know the title?
                On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Keep strong all in, it sounds like you have a plan for dealing with the stress, that is fantatstic, enjoy the run!
                  On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Hi,

I read this a few years ago and really liked it (and should have paid more attention): Drinking: A Love Story: Caroline Knapp: 9780385315548: Amazon.com: Books

I've just started this: The Good House: A Novel: Ann Leary: 9781250015549: Amazon.com: Books.
                    There is a thread with that name. I'm hoping to have a discussion there. Nursie got the book and is already way ahead of me so I need to get going!

I read tons of books about diet and health but that probably is not what you're looking for... :H!

Read is much better sober, isn't it??

NS

halo;1479626 wrote: Hello everyone, just checking in as well, not even remotely feeling like having a drink, which is a very good thing! Everyone sounds like they are doing awesome, keep on the path to AF, I thought it may be a neat idea to share a list of great books that we have really liked over the years or have recently read. I am planning to stay low on going out, and am hoping to spend more time reading. I remember a book mentione don the newbie's nest about a woman who gave up drinking (not the MWO book but another similar memoir) that was highly recommended. Does anone know the title?

Comment

I read Drinking: A love story in March 2007. This week I faced the hard truth that I have been trying to quit drinking for 10 years. With the start of Day 1 -- Need Company thread, I finally committed to myself that I would post as much as I could for two solid months. I am not one to attend AA meetings but checking in with others on MWO website is helping me link more and more AF days together. Thank goodness I found this website three years ago. My goal -- to have been sober for 30 consecutive days on April 10, 2013.
                      Free at Last

Comment

free at last;1479642 wrote: I read Drinking: A love story in March 2007. This week I faced the hard truth that I have been trying to quit drinking for 10 years. With the start of Day 1 -- Need Company thread, I finally committed to myself that I would post as much as I could for two solid months. I am not one to attend AA meetings but checking in with others on MWO website is helping me link more and more AF days together. Thank goodness I found this website three years ago. My goal -- to have been sober for 30 consecutive days on April 10, 2013.
                        You can do it, Free! We can celebrate on April 10th with you - I hope you're not flying that day!!

Didn't that book end up breaking your heart? She is an excellent writer, though, and I think she pretty clearly told her truth.

Comment

Free - I think I heard someone else recommend that book - maybe I'll download it - I need motivational books right now.

Just think - April 10 is going to come and go - it would be nice to accomplish that one goal...right? I'll be looking forward to April 15 myself.

Comment

Thanks No Sugar, the book broke my heart, but I loved that she actually stayed sober. She also wrote a book about her dog, I think it was called Pack of Two -- about her life sober and the joy she found in being responsible to another being. Tragically, she died of lung cancer at a young age.

I will not be flying on April 10th, but will, once again, be on the road. In this 30 day period, I will have made six international flights, attended 5 or 6 work dinners/receptions, and probably drank more water in one month that I consumed in the previous six months. But, I feel better in the mornings when I don't drink the night so that is keeping me motivated. Cheers!
                            Free at Last

Comment

Dear MyLife, I am thinking you responded to my public goal back on Sept 11, 2011 to try to start going AF. Yes? If so, it is interesting that we are both now at it at the same time. I am more convinced that alcohol is poison for me, and that I can't drink, period.
                              Free at Last

Comment

Working...
                              X