Hoping today will be day one for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcohol has not helped me with anything since I went back to drinking. Quite the opposite.
    I am a mess when I drink and I get really depressed.
    I so hope I can make it through today AF

rednose:upset:
    All things in time if I am Alcohol free

Hi Rednose,

I don't know you, but wanted to reach out a hand and offer support. AL makes me depressed too, and tired, and quick to anger, and all sorts of awful things. You can make it through today - have a plan!! Stay close and get virtual hugs. :l:l:l

Cat
    "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Hi Rednose - welcome back. Just get through a few days AL free, and things iwll seem so much better. I am on day 20 after being sober for 11 months and faltering. What a fiasco trying to get back on the wagon! But it is worth it. I wish you luck and please know that staying close to the site, reading and posting is very, very helpful. You have friends here

Waggy
      February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Hi Red.....glad to see you are back. Just don't give up on yourself.....we aren't! Hugs to you and hope you start to feel better as the alcohol works its way out of your system.

New Day

Comment

rednose;1479435 wrote: Alcohol has not helped me with anything since I went back to drinking. Quite the opposite.
          I am a mess when I drink and I get really depressed.
          I so hope I can make it through today AF

rednose:upset:
          You CAN get and stay sober. I know you can! This time 4 sure!
          Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Hoping doesn't help much, but taking action does.

Take action to stay sober and happy today.

Comment

Hi Red!

You CAN do this. But like Supercrew said...don't just "HOPE" for it...make it happen. You tried to use alcohol to make you feel better and now you see that it doesn't, in fact, it makes things worse. So now it's time to try something new. Stick close to us ok? I KNOW you can do this! :l
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hi Red,

I'm here - cheering you on. You can do it. Just stay close and know you have friends who care.
                Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

you can do it red,drinking just sucks the life out of us
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Welcome Back, Red. We missed you.

Check out my Avatar: Never Give Up - No Matter What. You can have it if you want it (I'll send you the photo I took ). I'm thinking I want to switch to some cheery-looking zinnias or gerbera daisies anyway.

I am so glad you are ready to try again!!!

Comment

Just stay AF for today Rednose, this is the day that counts, worry about the other days when you get to them

A very good friend who's been AF for over 11 years told me on my day 2, just don't have that first drink, the rest is easy. Don't know about that but its the advice I've held on to.
                      AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

We are all cheering you on, Rednose. I am so proud of you. I KNOW you can do this. Remember. all you gotta do is get thru this day~ B
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

I did not make it af yesterday.

So thank you all for your support but I did not make it thru day one.
                          I don't get why this day one thing is so hard for me...
                          Moving over to newbies nest and trying again today.

rednose
                          All things in time if I am Alcohol free

Comment

Yes YOU can do this..But you have to grind through the early days/weeks, have to give yourself enough sober time to get to a place where you think you can make it.

See the cravings for what there are and go to war with them.

Good things await.
                            Sober since 13th January 2012

Comment

199days;1479949 wrote: Yes YOU can do this..But you have to grind through the early days/weeks, have to give yourself enough sober time to get to a place where you think you can make it.

See the cravings for what there are and go to war with them.

Good things await.
                              I've been concerned about you RN. Knowing you been drinking quite a while, been to re-hab, AA. Getting younger... Missing your flight to Florida ( I think ) Then you employed "Harm Reduction". I was hoping you'd get miserable, but nothing worse!!!

If you can't stay sober, cause of the cravings maybe it's time to talk to another pro, or order some anti craving meds? There's no shame in doing this. This is MWO!

I had horrible PAWS over & over at 3+ months. My brain needed help from a wiring prospective need. Get rid of all the booze in your house. Fight like a soldier, you are battling for your life, & sanity.

Please for your life friend... You are so beautiful, so worthy of sobriety & recovery!... It's so much better over on this side. Not perfect, but most all days are brighter. Some days may not be, but that's real life.

Alcohol scares the Shite out of me. Not for non alkies. They can have all they want. I drank enough for two lifetimes. You to?

Look plz go back to AA, maybe a men's group, that pastor you spoke to, besides coming here ( which is grrt ). You don't have to do this alone. Isolation is a very bad thing. It's exactly what the disease wants. Especially when our heart hurts. Smart recovery is excellent option to! .... Swallow your pride....

I know you can go one day without a tiny little drink Rednose. The one that will say have another. Besides you already said the pleasure was gone. I know, many of us really do understand. Were not making this up.

You have to make up your mind & draw a line in the sand. Admit defeat, surrender, acknowledge this acceptance, accept help from others. Desire to stop is #1. Knowing it no longer helps. Knowing you aren't really alone, unique. We all have felt pain in life, used King ~ Poison ~ Alcohol, amongst a whole lot of other reasons to.

Get ready to battle man. While your feeling sick, maybe watch some episodes of Dual Survivor. Cause your going to be one of them & you need other peoples help. Your going to Survive!

If nobody told you they love you today, I do. :h Now start again.... :l

PS. I'm pretty darn sure I tried everything, just like you to get & retain sobriety many times before, I turned to meds. Not sure when the last time you had a physical, CBC work up, but after you ~ we get you sober again, by any method available. Maybe this is a good idea. Don't forget lemon water, food & gratitude.

Comment

Working...
                              X