Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very very very disappointed

Hello searching for serenity.

As you know, there are no guarantees. There is no magic wand.
    There is however lots of honest help and support.
    Welcome.
    I hope you find the will to trust yourself.

Comment

Hi Wenz,

I can't add anything to the sound advice given here but to reiterate that it does'nt matter how many sups we take, the final choice is ours. This is a true battle and it takes patience, a determined and sometimes hard approach on ourselves.

My loved ones say that I am a different person when I drink..... its like the devil is inside me! I've taken these words to heart and have tried to use them to my advantage. If something or someone tried to hurt or kill me I'd obviously fight back with everything I've got. I see booze as such a menace and it most definately wants to finish me off, so after 28 years of being cajoled by its seductive ways I'm fighting back with everything I've got. Its like suddenly seeing an evil old friend in his/her true colours for the first time, having thought you had a true friend you wake up to realise your downfall is their only interest and the only thing to do is get rid of them FAST!

Hang in there mate. I too thought I was alone til I met a lot of great folk thru this site. People with the same fears and battle whom I could relate to and get encouragement and help from. I'm new here and have not really got to know many people here yet and I have a very long way to go BUT here I feel we all have a fighting chance and everyone is so caring and supportive. Strength is in numbers. Keep trying matey and keep in touch with us.
      A BushBaby with Attitude

Comment

Hello Wenz,

You have been given some great advice, and, as everyone has said, only you can do it for yourself...

Here is something I read a while ago...

IF YOU DO WHAT YOU YOU'VE ALWAYS DONE,
        YOU'LL GET WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS GOT..

WISHING THAT THINGS WERE DIFFERENT WILL ALTER NOTHING,
        CHANGE, REQUIRES ACTION,
        SO TAKE YOUR FIRST STEP, HOWEVER SMALL, TODAY...

Elizabeth, congratulations to you, you have the right mindset, and, you can see alcohol for the real enemy it is....

Love, Louise xx
        A F F L..
        Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Hi Wenz,

Like most people have said - you have to WANT to stop drinking - there is no medication in the world that will do that for you.

But - here is my experience - it was not until I got my body free of alcohol for a while that I was able to SEE clearly the mess I was in.
          Like Elizabeth said - it was like waking up and seeing an old friend for what they REALLY were - a poison that was controlling and ruining our lives.

I spent over 20 years so close to alcohol that I never had a clear enough head to see that before I came here.

Try to put some distance betwen you and your old friend for a while and you will probably begin to see how much better you feel WITHOUT him!
          Then it is EASY to make the decision to change.

BTW I am doing it without any supps, meds or CDs as are several others on here.

Good Luck

Satori
          xxx
          "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

I agree with every one elese. You have not to loose by trying(except problems) and every thing to gain by making progress. Hang in there. I t will get better.

Comment

Hi Wenz..a lot of really good advice here..I'm rushing off this morning so didn't read every word...i want to say that the topamax is amazing, even if you just try it for a few months, if you can get it..once you find some stability, you can try the program without it. It really helped me get on track a year ago, and I've experienced long periods of abstinence.
              Good Luck, and do know that there is a way.
              D

Comment

Wenz

Just wanted to say don't give up trying. Like others have said you have got to want it.

As the saying goes Forbidden fruit is tempting, but what you need to do is ask yourself what makes you want to drink. I'm not using any supps but I did find Allen Carr's book easyway to control alcohol a great help.

Have you spoken to your doctor, or maybe counselling? Please please please don't give up trying. Take one day as it comes.

Comment

Working...
                X