Day 10 for those who started on 3-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I really the first to post today? Just finished a speech for my client and had huge thoughts about rewarding myself with a glass (or 2, 3, 4, 5) of wine. What are my triggers? Celebrate an accomplishment; stew over some troubling news; mitigate loneliness; damper my anger; help me go to sleep. Nothing related to food, I see.

Instead, I am going to go for a swim to clear my head and treat myself to an ice cream cone. Chocolate and potato chips may be my new comfort foods, but better than alcohol. At least I remember how much I ate!

Best wishes to everyone!
    Free at Last
    "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
    http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Good job free at last! I was not able to log on this morning, but this has been the best day yet for me. I am incredibly busy at work this week which is good because I am tired. Cravings are getting better, thank goodness, because I am meeting some friends for dinner tonight.

Flight was a very effective film to watch, also a very disturbing film to watch. Maybe that is why my cravings disappeared for the day. Day Ten! One third of my way to my original goal.

Comment

Dear free and halfway,
      sounding positive and real , which is great. Free don't even think about the wine! I am going to try and see flight this weekend, I've heard it is inspirational in reinforcing one's path to be AF. We will cross the 30 day mark together I have no doubt! 10 days is just the beginning. Went to the gym and had a great workout, not only do i want to be AF, I'm hoping to just get fit and healthy...A better future lies ahead, trying to remain positive is helping alot
      On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Back from the swim and now working on polishing my client's speech. A little "zen" time and posting on MWO is what I needed. Day 10 AF accomplished for me. Great job Halo and Halfway and thanks for your encouragement.
        Free at Last

Comment

I am finding posting each day is helping tremendously, thanks for starting off the last threads the last couple of days halfway and free, Much appreciated!
          On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Posting today and feeling like I didn't want to have to confess in the morning that I caved in, again, kept me on my path to sobriety today.

On to day 11 -- please let it get a little easier for me!
            Free at Last

Comment

I SOOOO wish I was still with you guys on day 10 (I was quitting smoking...again). I relapsed. I swear I am not opening my big mouth about it this time until I am at least a week in!

You guys are doing awesome though...keep up the great work!!!
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

You are all TENS to me! I'm here at Day 4, but very grateful to share the screen with y'all.
                10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

On to day 11, free and halfway, let's cross day 30 together!!!

Comment

HI 311 Gang. I'm still chasing up your tail and finishing Day 6. I've been trying to do an hour on the treadmill right after work to substitute for that glass of wine that usually started after work. Flight is a great movie.

Good job can't wait till you hit 30!!

Comment

Keep on the treadmill my life, what an awesome alternative to drinking. Great Work!!

We're cheering for you too!!

Comment

Hello.

What a whirlwind of a day, but I am home now and totally content (for now). Can't believe we are moving towards Day 11. I had the usual pangs of longing while my friends drank their beer and wine, but boy do I enjoy smiling at the cruising policeman, rather than hoping that I don't get pulled over, as I drive home AF!

Sweet dreams!

Comment

Hi, Free

I think it is amazing that accountability on an anonymous forum is so powerful - but it really is. Knowing that I am going to post the truth one way or the other really keeps me in line!

It is odd and frustrating that promises to myself did not carry the same weight all the times I swore that 'this is the last time'... but they just didn't. Thankfully we all found this forum and one another.

I hope you guys - Free, HalfwayContent, Halo - enjoy what can be your FINAL DAY 11 - you are doing a great job sticking together and ISIC and MyLife are right on your heels!

K-9
                          , Unless you quit drinking on your first try, which my reading here suggests not , you know that repeated efforts are what it takes (see avatar above!). I saw a guy interviewed on a show that said of his various vices, including heroin and cocaine, cigarettes were the hardest to quit! So - just keep trying and one of these days it will click!!

free at last;1480600 wrote:
                          Posting today and feeling like I didn't want to have to confess in the morning that I caved in, again, kept me on my path to sobriety today.

On to day 11 -- please let it get a little easier for me!

Comment

NoSugar;1480671 wrote: K-9, Unless you quit drinking on your first try, which my reading here suggests not , you know that repeated efforts are what it takes (see avatar above!). I saw a guy interviewed on a show that said of his various vices, including heroin and cocaine, cigarettes were the hardest to quit! So - just keep trying and one of these days it will click!!
                            Hi NoSugar...

HELLS NO I did not quit drinking on my first (or fiftieth) try!! Thank you for your encouragement...I figure if I am at least "trying" to quit it's better than just throwing in the towel. I promise to never quit quitting!
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Thanks No Sugar and K9 for the great encouragement. Yes, the accountability to anonymous people is keeping me on the path.

K9, keep trying. One of these times, it will click.

Warmest,
                              Free
                              Free at Last

Comment

Working...
                              X