I have a drinking problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm 43. Been drinking heavy from 89-94' and 2000-today. Mostly a lot of beers and some weed. Ive known i needed help for a long time, think about it every day but the urge to drink is to great for me to over come. I sorta made my 1st step the other day by attending my 1st AA meeting. Not really sure i care for their demanding format. I'm hoping this website will help me with my problem. I'll be posting a lot as the days go on. Right now I need some sleep. Total of 5 hours sleep past 3 days.

Hi Reno
    I am relatively new to sobriety but what I can tell you is this: SLEEP. There are four huge obstacles to sobriety: hungry, angry, lonely or TIRED> HALT. You need to treat yourself very kindly and sleep a lot and eat a lot of nutritious things....Just try that for a few days and you will be amazed at how that helps. I go to AA meetings and in the beginning I was turned off by the cult like way they talked and all the God stuff. But, I kept going because even though I wasn't buying a lot of it, the few bits and pieces I got/get from the meetings helps me. PLUS< I have met some great people who I can be friends with SOBER. And, of course, AA has kept hundreds upon thousands of people sober so there must be something to it.....

Anyway, check out the tool box and visit the newbie nest where there are many other people in the same shoes as you....We are all glad you are here!
    :welcome:
    I just won't anymore

Comment

Hi Reno and :welcome: to MWO.

We're you dry sober 94-2000 or just drinking less for some reason?

Anyway.....time to get sober again. Jump into the newbies nest and settle in for a time and get some sobriety back under your belt

Comment

Hi, Reno,
        Welcome. I'm fairly new to MWO and the folks on here have been such a support to me. Look around and read, read and read more. You'll find a way that works for you. I've been sober since 12/12/12 and it's a new beautiful world for me. I highly recommend it!
        kronkcarr

Comment

welcome reno! youve come to a great place lots of support and information to help you get yourself healthy,read around,ask questions if you need its a great place to be
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Reno;1481358 wrote: but the urge to drink is to great for me to over come. .
            Hi Reno! :welcome:

That part of your quote really struck me --- the urge was too great for me to overcome, too, UNTIL I JOINED MWO!!

I was really skeptical that a 'stupid online group of people I don't even know and never will and who don't know me' could make a difference. But, I was feeling desperate and jumped in with great determination. I have been using the heck out of MWO and so far it is working. You can do it, too!

The Newbies Nest (link in my signature) that was mentioned is the best place to be when you are starting out. There are people at all stages of getting this demon out of their lives and you can learn from all of them! There is so much support. Different things work for different people and if you read a lot, you'll most likely read some things that really resonate with you and help you move forward. Also, post often! Putting your thoughts out there sometimes yields great insight and it also will help us get to know you and how to best support you.

I'm so glad you found MWO and hope to see you in the Nest!

NS

Comment

Reno;1481358 wrote: I'm 43. Been drinking heavy from 89-94' and 2000-today. Mostly a lot of beers and some weed. Ive known i needed help for a long time, think about it every day but the urge to drink is to great for me to over come. I sorta made my 1st step the other day by attending my 1st AA meeting. Not really sure i care for their demanding format. I'm hoping this website will help me with my problem. I'll be posting a lot as the days go on. Right now I need some sleep. Total of 5 hours sleep past 3 days.
              You have come to a good place to start to heal. Click the links at the bottom of this post and you will find help there. You can get and stay sober. There is a happy, healthy life ahead. :welcome:
              Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Hi Reno-

Yes, I hope you get some sleep, first!!!!
                This website can certainly help you and posting a lot is a great first step. We hope to get to know you better soon!
                :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Hi and Welcome Reno!

I am glad you've found us! Please read a post a lot, that way we can get to know you and help you through this. It's not easy, but it's SO worth it. We've all been where you are so we understand. At first it seems like an unwinnable (is that even a word? lol) battle...but look around this site and you can see that it CAN be WON!!! We will help you every step of the way!

Hang in there and come back soon!

K9
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

kuya;1481396 wrote: Hi Reno and :welcome: to MWO.

We're you dry sober 94-2000 or just drinking less for some reason?

Anyway.....time to get sober again. Jump into the newbies nest and settle in for a time and get some sobriety back under your belt
                    I quit drinking cold turkey when I met the woman of my (wet) dreams. Unfortunately she had major mental issues (eating disorder, bi polar, paranoia u name it) But i still loved her and wanted to help her and give her a new happy life. By 2000, I was so mentally beaten down from her verbal ragging every night, I turned to the bottle.e.

Comment

3 weeks ago I sat in jail for 2 nights and a mental ward for 1 night (never been either my whole life). Since then I have not eatin, slept . Been angry inside at myself and of course still drinking

Comment

Reno;1481521 wrote: 3 weeks ago I sat in jail for 2 nights and a mental ward for 1 night (never been either my whole life). Since then I have not eatin, slept . Been angry inside at myself and of course still drinking
                        It sounds like you hit bottom hard. Now get on board and we'll help you get up. If I can get and stay sober (and I did and I am) SO CAN YOU!!!
                        Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Working...
                        X