Feeling great

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling great

Woke up this morning no hangover and feeling good , 1 day down and stilll as determined to succeed ,, :wd:

Feeling great

Doesn't it feel great bgg?

Hang on to that feeling and enjoy!

Comment

Feeling great

Congrats Bgg

Hi Bgg, Congrats mate. Feels good does'nt it. I've just completed my first weekend BOOZE FREE. Yesterdays lunch party at my house was definately a test. Booze galoure and my closest friends downing wine, beer and (my fave) vody, with 4 tots to a glass. Funnily I kept thinking, as I served friends with their chosen tipple "Christ thats a big tot," as they said keep "pouring we'll tell you when to stop".

Everyone thought I had vody in my juice till I spilt the beans and told them I was abstaining. They all looked at me in silence for a second and then we got on with having fun. Sure I was tempted but I made it through my first 'public' test and I went to bed sober and feeling safe - thanks God.

Now as a new week starts I just have to remember that good and safe feeling!
      A BushBaby with Attitude

Comment

Feeling great

bgg and elizabeth..
        hang onto that feeling... savour it and remember it and use it to drive you onwards - write about it.. journal it... hang onto it anyway you can
        Brigid

Comment

Feeling great

bgg and Elizabeth,

WELL DONE.... Just try to carry that feeling you have now with you, then, the times when you are tempted, summon up the feeling, remember how good you felt, the confidence it gave you in yourself and you will be able to do it.... You will have times when you will get a craving for a drink, just remember, a craving will not kill you, alcohol WILL....

Keep it up,

Love, Louise xx
          A F F L..
          Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Feeling great

Keep it up BGG & Elizabeth - you should be really pround of yourselves !

xx

Comment

Feeling great

BGG & Elizabeth Keep it up, well done xx
              sigpicXXX

Comment

Feeling great

savor the feeling - great job

GREAT JOB!!!! you both should be proud...the test with the party sound really hard so congrats...i am on my third day today...i am right there with you and rooting for you! keep it up...we can do this...:goodjob: buck

Comment

Feeling great

bgg & Elizabeth.
                  That's good to hear.
                  Well done folks.

Comment

Feeling great

Well done Bgg, Elizabeth and Buckledown

Bgg: Congrats. It is so gr8 to wake up without having to nurse a hangover for the whole day.

Elizabeth: Well done for abstainting during the party, that was indeed a hard test. (It amazes me why people are so shocked when you say you are not drinking.) Maybe because in secret their envying you.

Buckledown: Well done to you too. I'm on my 5th day AF and I'm loving it.

Love to you all.
                    Mandy x

Comment

Feeling great

what does af mean?

Comment

Feeling great

AF means alcohol free xx
                        sigpicXXX

Comment

Feeling great

Thanks to every one for thier support on this , I was tempted after work today but told my self no , i am determined to beat this:thanks:

Comment

Feeling great

BGG: Well done, you sound great!

Elizabeth: An entire party with you pouring drinks and you had none? Fabulous! I don't think I could have done it myself. What resolve!!!!

Great job by all!!!

xo
                            Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Feeling great

hi Elizabeth

People can feel threatened when you arent drinking..I,ve had some funny times observing drinkers(not being smug.. i can look less than good when sloshed too)

Its interesting watching behaviours, voices change and disinhibited carryings on!!!

di you ever go to a house party and pull faces in the mirror or practice your dance moves alone in your guests bathroom!!

Then there is the time you cant remember where the loo is but boy if you dont find it soon it could be too late!!!

what about when you go to talk over dinner and you realise you are slurring a little...i try and get out of there then as the next stage for me after that is not a good look!!!

Or you start blarting on some poor friend who came out for a good night but you unburden some ridiculous blurb that goes on and on and ruins it for your mate!!

Then there is the walk home..I,ve even had a pee in my own back garden as i couldnt get to the loo quick enough after a few wines and a walk home..thankfully the babysitter had the curtains shut!!hope the neighbours did too.

Just for a laugh..i will share with you when i went to church on a Sunday am after a bottle of wine the previous night. For some reason took jeans and pants off in oew big swoop before i crashed into bed...the next morning late for church ..clean pants(never go out without clean pants my mother taught me!)but oh dear yesterdays pants were down the leg of my jeans!

As i went to communion the bright red pants were hanging over my shoe as the priest handed me communion...then i walked down the aisle with them flappping on my shoe before i knelt down and retrieved them!!

Sometimes its good to recall the embarassing things I,ve done when on the plonk.

So Elizabeth enjoy being in control and no fear of arriving out of the loo with your dress stuck up your pants in front of a crowd!

well done ..and good luck on your journey into change

regards Cassy

Comment

Working...
                              X