Ready To Start My New Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new here and ready to start my new life without AL. I am 47 years old and have struggled with AL for the past 10 years. I have fooled myself for years, thinking that I could control my drinking but I now realize that I can't. I drink a bottle of wine most nights, sometimes more. I sometimes start out with a mixed drink and then consume the wine. No matter what my good intentions are in the morning, by the time I'm heading home from work, they have flown out the window.

I have done some embarassing, stupid things as a result of drinking and even that hasn't been enough to make me give it up. Lately, I've noticed that once I have the first drink, it's game on and I have to keep going. One is never enough. I have also noticed that there are certain triggers...cooking is a huge trigger for me.

I'm tired of thinking about drinking, thinking about not drinking and I want to get off of this roller coaster, once and for all. I had thought about going 30 days and then trying to moderate but I honestly don't know if that is an option for me.

Today is Day 1 for me and I'm looking forward to waking up tomorrow without a hangover, guilt and trying to figure out if I called anyone the night before. I'm looking forward to going to the gym in the morning and getting this wine belly off of me!

I'm glad to be here and get this off my chest!!!
    Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
    [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

hi miley,(thats my nieces name too) welcome to mwo,this is a great place to be to get yourself healthy,sounds like youre ready to take control of the situation,just read around,post around,hit the newbies nest its pretty active all the time,take it one day at a time,glad youre here
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Miley;1482497 wrote: I'm new here and ready to start my new life without AL. I am 47 years old and have struggled with AL for the past 10 years. I have fooled myself for years, thinking that I could control my drinking but I now realize that I can't. I drink a bottle of wine most nights, sometimes more. I sometimes start out with a mixed drink and then consume the wine. No matter what my good intentions are in the morning, by the time I'm heading home from work, they have flown out the window.

I have done some embarassing, stupid things as a result of drinking and even that hasn't been enough to make me give it up. Lately, I've noticed that once I have the first drink, it's game on and I have to keep going. One is never enough. I have also noticed that there are certain triggers...cooking is a huge trigger for me.

I'm tired of thinking about drinking, thinking about not drinking and I want to get off of this roller coaster, once and for all. I had thought about going 30 days and then trying to moderate but I honestly don't know if that is an option for me.

Today is Day 1 for me and I'm looking forward to waking up tomorrow without a hangover, guilt and trying to figure out if I called anyone the night before. I'm looking forward to going to the gym in the morning and getting this wine belly off of me!

I'm glad to be here and get this off my chest!!!
      Hi, Miley.

You came to a great place for accomplishing your goal! What you posted is essentially the same as most of us here posted on our first day. YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!

The Newbies Nest (see the link in my signature) is a great place to start. There are people there at all stages of this battle. We are all, like you, wanting to get alcohol (AL) off our backs!

If you read back a couple weeks, you'll get to know the people there. Then, if you can tell us about you, we'll be able to figure out the kind of support you need. And let me tell you, we ALL need support. There is a toolbox (see link) full of ideas -- if you read that you should find some things that sound like they are right up your alley.

I hope to see you in the Nest.

:welcome: NoSugar

Comment

Hey Miley

Welcome to MWO! We all are on the same path here. This is a great place for support.

I am 58 and believe me I wish I had quit at 47, or any time during those long years of hell actually.

Doesn't it get so tiresome, doing the same stupid thing and knowing that it's stupid?
        Knowing that is not enough but its a good start.

Please stick around and I think you will find help here

Comment

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. It's so good to know I am not alone. I'm definately going to go to the Newbies Nest. Getting ready to have the evening cheese and crackers....with Sprite Zero instead of wine!
          Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
          [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

Hi there, I could have written your post! I used to love my wine too

It is so worth getting rid of the stuff though

Wishing you well x
            AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

:welcome: This is a great place with caring people. You can get and stay sober. I KNOW YOU CAN! :l
              Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Hi Miley. I sent you a post over in the newbies nest. We are glad you are here!
                :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Working...
                X