Day Fifteen for the 311 Gang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, free, just read some of the earlier posts on the thread. Keep posting, keep in touch. Stay with us!

Comment

Free,
      We are with you! Stay close by and we'll help you, :l

I've read the posts and there are some great supporting comments from No Sugar, that is why MWO is such a great place, people who understand and know where you are and where you have been. Free I know that it is so difficult to go AF within the environment you are currently in, we have the benefit of hibernating or going into seclusion for awhile until we feel stronger, you are not given that option. Just realize that this does not discount all the efforts that you've made, keep up with trying to abstain when you can, some great advice from No Sugar.

Halfway, an open bar and still AF, great work! That inspires me , at the party I am going to attend (I'm nervous as it is my first social function of being AF) I will come up with a plan (not just rely on hope, always great advice from our MWO friends!)) to help me on the path to 30 days.

Good night, on to another day of AF living.
      On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Dear 311 Gang,

I pretty much think you all rock over here! Free, I agree with all of the advice you have been given. This is going to sound shady but could you order a gin and tonic or vodka soda without the alcohol? So it would simply look like you are having a drink and nobody would be any wiser to the fact? My husband used to do this while out with business associates. He would talk to the bartender ahead of time and work it all out so he was really drinking AF drinks. Just a thought. . Keep up the good work all of you! :l
        "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
        ~Author Unknown
        AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Halo,

Go with a plan to the social event. It took me weeks to figure how I was going to handle being around alcohol virtually every day. What I crammed into my head were the words "Alcohol is not an option for me for 30 days. Period." I thought to myself that I didn't owe my friends an explanation as to why I was not having a drink and I didn't want them to abstain because of me. I didn't want that attention. It is still hard, but here we are facing Day 16. How cool is that!!!

Thanks for all of the support from this amazing place. Your kindness has been such a gift to me.

Comment

Halfway thanks for the advice, I will repeat your mantra to myself on my night out! And your right day 16 is really cool, I know one thing there is no way I could do it without the support from this site..
            On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Just wanted to check in. Still AF. Had jury duty yesterday. Have to go back on Wednesday. Been working too much and not doing my homework. Back to the books. I have been having that old way of thinking creeping back in. One day I will be able to drink again. Maybe in a year or so. I just need to keep playing that tape till the end. I have been alternating between this site and SMART recovery. Really like both sites. Glad to be part of the group here. Congrats to everyone on 2 weeks and thanks for being here for me. It really helps.
              :new: AF 3/11/13

Comment

Working...
              X