Hi all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all

Hi all - I'm new here. I had already been taking GABA and L-whatever it's called, and have just ordered the Kudzu that supposedly works from this site. I hate to spend a lot of money on something I may not use, but I'm wondering about the hypnosis CD's and which ones people recommend? I am a highly functional daily drinker, but I was having anxiety symptoms due to my amounts, and for other obvious reasons I'm taking a break in the hopes of moderating (today is day 2 abs.) Any other tips would be appreciated - thanks!

Hi all

Hello etfg and Welcome......why don't you pop over to the Newbies Nest, I am sure there are many people there who can answer your questions.
    "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
    ~Author Unknown
    AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Hi all

Thanks!!

Comment

Hi all

Hi, etfg,

I just wanted to say, "Welcome". I've been on MWO a month or so and the best advice I got was to read as much as possible. I like that you're asking for advice.

I've met some folks with good advice here. Best of luck to you. I too was a highly functioning daily drinker and now my world's so much better because I'm so much better!

kronkcarr

Comment

Hi all

Thank you!!!!

Comment

Hi all

Hi Etfg!

How are you doing today?
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hi all

Thanks for asking - I'm kind of a mess! I melt down around 5-6 every day (I'm on day 4). Tonight I'm doing yoga again... I feel good about what I'm doing but as you all know it's really hard - I feel like I've regressed to age 13 emotionally.

Comment

Hi all

meant 5-6 pm

Comment

Hi all

I completely understand!

The first few days seem extremely daunting, but believe me, it will NOT stay this hard forever. If it did, there would be few success stories! Take it one day, hour, minute or second at a time.

Congratulations on day 4!

Comment

Hi all

Thanks - I really appreciate the encouragement!! Any guesses on approx. how many days it might take? My sleep has gotten a little better each night, so that certainly helps. Not sure how long my husband can tolerate me being a total bee-atch

Comment

Hi all

Hi etig! How are u doing today? We have the same 'melt down' time- at 5pm everyday I have overwhelming cravings (which is strange because i never started drinking at that time!)
                      I'm on day 12 and it's certainly not easy- but since i got to that 7 day mark i've found that every day is just a little easier. Hang in there
                      'The surest way not to fail is to determine to succeed'
                      Richard Brinsley Sheridan

1st goal: 7 days
                      2nd goal: 30 days
                      3rd goal: 3 months

Comment

Hi all

hi

Thanks all!! I didn't cry yesterday - LOL - I guess it's around 5-6 pm when I started thinking about how I won't be able to have my wine and I get irritated, frustrated, etc. Must find another distraction for later today!! I feel really healthy though.

Comment

Hi all

Hi!

My "meltdown" time usually occurred around 3pm because that's when I'd start planning which liquor store I would go to on the way home. I had to really distract myself the first few days. I ONLY drank at home, so the first 3 days I stayed away from home in the evenings. I shopped, went to the library, went to the movies. Of course you can't do that forever, so I had to think of something else. I ended up rearranging my living room furniture so it didn't look like my drinking "spot" anymore. I moved around a few lamps and made it look completely different. I had to tell my brain "We don't drink here anymore!". Do WHATEVER it takes. I promise it will get easier, and assure your husband you won't be a biiaa-tccch forever! LOL

You're doing great!

Comment

Hi all

Welcome etfg. Looking forward to getting to know you better. Yes, find healthy distractions. It is what enable me to get through the first few weeks. It works Keep posting your progress as it is a good motivator!
                            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hi all

Interesting!! That's a great idea to rearrange the space. Mine is all about being in the kitchen & cooking, so I've had my husband take over the dinner stuff and I can go hole up in the 3rd floor (or go to exercise classes) - can't do that forever either - I've been saying I'm tired and not feeling well to the kids. Ugh... will read a funny book & some magazines later tonight. One surprising thing is that I thought that sleeping would be the big problem, and it's not.

Comment

Working...
                              X