day 16 for the 311 gang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

day 16 for the 311 gang

Good morning, hope everyone is enjoying the day. Just wanted to sign in and give a big hug to free. Keep up the effort free.
    On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

day 16 for the 311 gang

Wow! I had a feeling this was going to happen today. We are in sync- or double trouble

Comment

day 16 for the 311 gang

halo,

I think of you often because we are headed to the same place but we took different paths. I planned to have the liquor cabinet full (except for vodka), go to functions where I would be offered (expected?) a drink. You, on the other hand, purposely stayed away from bars and social functions. We are both on Day 16.

My biggest piece of advice to those of you who are starting out is to have a plan. I never really had a plan before 311. It was always, I wish I could cut down, I hope I can stop for a few days. This time is different.

Comment

day 16 for the 311 gang

Just wanted to check in. Still AF. Had jury duty yesterday. Have to go back on Wednesday. Been working too much and not doing my homework. Back to the books. I have been having that old way of thinking creeping back in. One day I will be able to drink again. Maybe in a year or so. I just need to keep playing that tape till the end. I have been alternating between this site and SMART recovery. Really like both sites. Glad to be part of the group here. Congrats to everyone on 2 weeks and thanks for being here for me. It really helps.
        :new: AF 3/11/13

Comment

day 16 for the 311 gang

You guys are doing awesome...keep up the great work! In "our world" 16 days is HUGE! You should be proud of yourselves...I know I'm proud of ya!
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

day 16 for the 311 gang

Hi 311 gang,
            I'm back on board, and appreciate all your words of encouragment.

And congrats to the gang who are now on 16 days AF. I am working to have the next 15 days be AF.
            Free at Last
            "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
            http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

day 16 for the 311 gang

Good luck, free. Thanks K9 and all in. You are right K9- in our world 16 days is huge. The words of wisdom that I will take along with me today.

Comment

day 16 for the 311 gang

You guys are INCREDIBLE!! There aren't words to describe how proud I am of the 311'rs!!
                Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

day 16 for the 311 gang

Glad to report an AF day for me. Hugs to the 311 Gang and those who support us.
                  Free at Last
                  "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
                  http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

day 16 for the 311 gang

Halfway, I'll go with double trouble as well ,
                    We do seem to have different paths to take on our way to the same location: The BIG 30, our 30 days AF. As each day goes by, it is no easy task but like you, for me this time it has to be different. Like many people on MWO, I had a drinking dream last night and I woke up in a cold sweat shaking, in the dream I was drinking all types of booze, tried to stop but couldn't, I didn't go home for days and when I finally went home my family was gone, if that is not a sign to continue on the AF path, I don't know what is!!!

Glad to hear you had a great day Free, also thanks for the words of encouragment from everyone, it helps, alot!!!

:thanks:
                    On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Working...
                    X