5 days feeling ok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 days feeling ok

Well it has been 5 days af, it was challenging this weekend, friend came over saturday with a bottle of wine, usual saturday routine, kids play, we drink, well i offered her a cup of tea , said i didn't feel like drinking, we took a walk in the woods , i assured her the ice was safe on a swamp and i proceeded to walk out examinining bushes and looking for animal tracks, well i fell in to my upper thigh, laughing so hard, laughing like i haven't laughed, I have always been the one to take risks walk, on unsafe ice, but been playing safe with the bottle for too long, so i got wet, laughed ran home drank tea and laughed some more. submerged my ego in the swamp water but not my soul in the bottle. well got to work rudemama

5 days feeling ok

:goodjob:
    Good for you, RM. What's a little wetting when you are drying out. Well done!! and Keep up the good work!
    Reach deep, find your will power.

Comment

5 days feeling ok

well done Rudemamma.....you sound like you had a whale of a time !
      Good on your AF free days & managing to get through a situation where you'd normally drink - it is very empowering isn't it to say no and as you found out, half the time you have more fun without the booze than you would if you drank.
      Keep it up !

xx

Comment

5 days feeling ok

Good on ya Rudemama, sounds like alot of fun! Now if you had drunk that wine and fallen in, you might not have come out again!

Comment

5 days feeling ok

Hey Rudemama

I'm glad that you managed to stay AF despite your friend bringing a bottle of wine. It is so hard to break habits, but you're doing so well.

:H I know it's not nice to laugh at someone's misfortune, but I can just imagine what happened.

Love Mandy x

Comment

5 days feeling ok

great job - you're not all wet

what a great feeling to truly laugh from down deep and be sober...that must of felt wonderful...laughter is the best medicine....good job...i am on day three and hopeful to stay on the path with you....have a super day and keep up the good work! :goodjob: buck

Comment

5 days feeling ok

Your post gave me such a big smile -- I love the way I feel when I say no and I'm sure that made you gidddy as well as the swamp water!
              Mama T.
              Found MWO Feb. 17, 2007

Comment

5 days feeling ok

WOW .. fun story .. you give the ones like me hope. Thank you, as I read my last post for the eveing and go off to listen to my CDs ..

The image was great! I'm going to laugh like that soon again too ...

WTE

Comment

5 days feeling ok

lol... getting wet while drying out. Well done Rudemama! You're an inspiration under those difficult situations!
                  :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

5 days feeling ok

Congratulations

I hope i make it to 5 days, I am really gonna try - keep it up! That stupid bottle isnt worth our lives.:goodjob:
                    We live our lives in chains and dont even know we have the key!

Comment

5 days feeling ok

well done!
                      :new:

Comment

Working...
                      X