waking up very shaky....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

waking up very shaky....

I woke up and read all the post that were left on my thread last night...thanks so much for all the kind words...i had an awful nights sleep...i even took melatonin and it did not help...i tossed and turned and when i did sleep i had crazy dreams and sweats...this will be my 3rd day without the usual massive amount of wine i drink every day and i am feeling very shaky but still hopefull...one good thing that happened this morning in the blur of waking up was that i got my kids off to school without a headache or feeling as cranky as usual...i am not a morning person to begin with and the hangovers just add to that....i am glad it is moday and i dont have the weekend looming...it seems less daunting to do the AF during the week...and I'm hoping that working out will help with the sleep...does anyone have any ideas about sleep..or how long it will take to sleep normally if i can stay AF?...also how is the topa working and what millagram...i am already on other meds for depression so am curious what works for others...i have been reading posts and that has helped to learn...i am feeling scared - super scared but am going to do some affirmations - has anyone read The Secret?...I hope the tools I am learning from that book will help with this path...I must do this for me and my family...i will not be able to look at my children when they are older if they have problems and not blame myself and my drinking...i was raised by alcoholics and look where i am now...i must break the cycle...i want to do this...i have to....if i think about all the shameful things i have done it just makes me ill....any help anyone can give would be truly appreciated....i am desperate to change...thanks for reading....:new: :thanks: lease: :helpme: off to start my day...kindest thoughts to all...buck

waking up very shaky....

Hi buck,
    All I can say is, stay awhile and read as many posts as you can; old and new.
    There are so many of us who know whwere you are, and are just learning to pull ourselves up out of the pit we have dug.
    Best wishes to you.
    Paul.

Comment

waking up very shaky....

Hi Buck,

For me it was the 5th night that I had the best nights sleep ever!!!

Hang in there love
      sigpicXXX

Comment

waking up very shaky....

Hi Buck, the sleep will get better. Your body is adjusting to not having all that wine. The sweats are very common, but a good thing. It means your body is cleaning itself out. It will get better. Keep focusing on those hangover-free mornings. There is nothing better than that!!!
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

waking up very shaky....

After about a week or so, I started getting the best sleep I had in years! Stick with this, the sweats will go away and you will feel so good every morning!!

Congrats on day 3!!! WAAAAAAAHOOOOOOO!!

Comment

waking up very shaky....

Hey Buck, it will get better. The first 3 -5 days are usually the toughest, so you're hopefully past the worst of it. I know I never feel like doing anything when I'm "drying" myself out... But it does feel better if ya can get in a work out, or a walk. For me, just re-connecting with nature, and getting myself outside seems to help.
            :l Judie

PS, Welcome aboard!:welcome:
            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

waking up very shaky....

thanks jude...i am going to look at a gym that opened accross the street from my office so maybe that will help with the stress...if i dont let out the stress it leads me back to the wine and then here i am again...its raining here so no nature today...thanks for the kind words...i am hopeful...the support here is unbelievable...are you on any supps/meds? I got on topa today...we'll see....:h buck

Comment

waking up very shaky....

Hi Buck!
                I was on topa for just over a year, but stopped taking it about a month ago, due to my hair thinning too much . The topa worked great for me, for the cravings, but I'm just too vain .... I don't wanna go bald!
                For now I'm using L-glut, a Vitamineral green that I got @ the health food store, milk thistle, & (and Kudzu sometimes, when I feel I need a little extra incentive)

Also I'm an exercise fanatic...

Comment

waking up very shaky....

I do the CD's too

Comment

waking up very shaky....

HI Buck..have you tried the Calmes Forte that Roberta recommends in the supplement list? I love that stuff..The first 30 days I took it as prescribed throughout the day, now I use it if I need a good nights sleep. I highly recommend it..and the topamax if you can take it with your other meds. Roberta has a titrating schedule in her book..starting at 25mg a day for a week, and upping it by 25mg each week. The CDs are very helpful as well.

You really sound good and like you have all the right reasons to stick with it. Kuddos to you!
                    Have a great week!
                    d

Comment

waking up very shaky....

thanks jude and d and betty and EVERYONE else!!!!I have the topa schedule and am going to stick to it...did it make anyonelese hair fall out than judes???? i love my hair i read somewhere on a post you could tirate up every 4 days if you feel OK...i have looming poker game this week with my girlfiends i am already dreading to go and not drink and am trying to think of a way to get out of...i am not NEAR strong enough...even to moderate yet..need more AB first....any ideas...Again so grateful for the support...buck

Comment

waking up very shaky....

Hi Buck - wow, what passion and energy! - If you can keep this harnessed and focused on your goal of a new life you'll be well on your way in no time

Don't expect too much too soon - be kind to yourself and be prepared to need a little patience for a while as your body adjusts and you tweak the program to help you the best -people seem to mix and match different parts of the program to individualise it, so see how it goes, and if it's not working the way you want, try something else. Look anywhere and everywhere for motivation and inspiration - the family is a huge one of course, (they will love their new Mum!) and this site is amazing! - but be prepared to keep trying until you find the method/combination/strategies that work for you.

Sleep? After about a week I slept better than I had for years and years so I'm confident it comes - and the best bit is, after a great night's sleep, you wake up clear-headed, proud, and with a memory of what happened or what you did the night before! Many congrats on your 3 days (Awesome :thumbs: ) and keep letting us know how it all goes!
                        :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
                        Goals:
                        Days 1-7 DONE
                        Days 8-14 DONE
                        Days 15-21 DONE
                        30 days DONE
                        60 days
                        100 days

Comment

waking up very shaky....

Buck it is OK to bail out on events when you are first doing this and feel a bit wobbly in the process. Otherwise if you choose to go, take L-gut before, listen to the CD's and eat before you get there too. I found eating a real help too. I went to some events and drank sparkling water.

I have never tried topa so I can not tell you anything about the schedule.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Comment

waking up very shaky....

Buckle: Like MKR said, it is OK to bail out on stuff if you think it is too soon. There will be other parties when you feel stronger. Let the Supps kick in and get your head in the right place before you give yourself a test. I am still a bit shy about putting myself out there just yet. You know what is best for you. Don't worry about the hair thing, it doesn't happen to everyone!!!!
                            Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

waking up very shaky....

Hi again Buckle. I just wanted to chime in quickly... GABA supplement worked wonders for me in those first days. I also had experienced sleeplessness and nightmares when going a day AF. This time I tried GABA right out of the gate and had no trouble falling into dreamless sleep. I don't sleep as long as long as I would like, but I am sure that will change eventually.

Hope you figure it out soon. Good luck and keep up the good work. These initial tough days end soon.
                              :rays: mdb :rays:

Good at being AF. Not so good at Moderation.

Lots of work yet to do!

Comment

Working...
                              X