Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 4!

Hi all!
    I survuved saturday night all alone in my apt with a bottle of wine and beers that I DIDN'T TOUCH!! YAY!!!!

I really wanted to, but I kept telling myself that I would end up drunk dialing someone and feel really dumb and waste an entire Sunday curled up in the fetal position stricken with anxiety. (does anyone else go through that?)

I really appreciate all the acceptance and support that yall give on this site.

CKE

Day 4!

Wow that's great. If you can do a weekend with beer and wine in the house you can do anything. Yes, I have wasted too many weekends with that, "Oh crap what did I say/do?" feeling. No more!!! Keep it up!!!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Day 4!

Congrats on being so "well behaved"! It's easier said than done most of the time for me.
      I used to say I needed a breathalizer on my phone! I can't imagine how many times I've worried my family when I was still living in Colorado...
      I would call at all hours, and Lord knows what I said!
      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Day 4!

Great Job...day 3 for me....you shoould be proud of your self ....my saturday night lead me here....i am hopeful it will get better if we all work together...keep up the good work! :goodjob: buckle

Comment

Day 4!

well done!!!

cke123, good for you!!!:wd:

Do you feel GRRREAAATTT?

:h :h :happy:
          Reach deep, find your will power.

Comment

Day 4!

CKE - well done you ..!!!!
            You should be SO proud of yourself - I can relate to the phoning thing, what is is with getting pis*ed and feeling the need to call the world & his mother - no more of that I hope !
            Keep it up & be very pleased with yourself

xx

Comment

Day 4!

Congrats CKE, 4 days AF is wonderful. Oh those late night phone calls or conversations period with people in my own home. I would hate waking up Sunday trying to replay the evening and remembering everything. It is so not worth it!

Buckle congrats on 3 days to you too!
              "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Day 4!

hi CK

Well done ..maybe you got a plan to distract yourself into some other form of activity,,,I,ve become very productive since I,m not drinking alcohol...Mty house is tidy..cupboards sorted, clothes sent to charity shop etc etc.

I am plucked, waxed and moisturised like never before...nails painted.

easter cards written, garden weeded etc.

Exercising, walking, reading up on nutrition...and i survived 3 nights at the pub this weekend....could never have done that the first week or two. i could barely think beyongd the 2 hours "bewitching hour" my drink zone is 9pm onwards...hence the need to get on this site and fill my time differently.

hope you brim wti confidence at your success...Well done ...dont worry if the journey isnt without blips..nobody said it was going to be easy

Keep going and Good Luck

regards Cassy

Comment

Day 4!

Hi CK - just brilliant! :thumbs: what more can I say...? Look forward to applauding more successes as they come up!
                  :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
                  Goals:
                  Days 1-7 DONE
                  Days 8-14 DONE
                  Days 15-21 DONE
                  30 days DONE
                  60 days
                  100 days

Comment

Day 4!

thanks guys! and congrats to you Buckle!!!

Comment

Day 4!

for CKE...

Hi There! I just joined here last Tuesday and the reason was ultimately because of the stupid things you do in the middle of the night and the lovely anxiety that hits the next morning like a freight train...

I COMPLETELY hear everything you said. Today is one week exactly for me without my precious wine...

I wish you the best...

Comment

Day 4!

HI CKE, well done to you for that. There is a thread going on just now I have just been in talking about the day after and pressing redial to see who it was we spoke to the night before.... groan, yes we do it!!
                        Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Day 4!

I just wanted to add that I can relate to the late night drunken phonecalls as well as drunken emails. I live in the US and there were many a night that I'd call my friends in UK and ramble on and vaguely remeber next day. You guys are giving me such inspiration!

Comment

Day 4!

I look forward to day 4 myself. Congratulations, you really should be proud
                            Its strange being sober; huh, so this is how normal people are :H

Comment

Day 4!

If you can do it, I can do it...Tomorrow is Day 4 for me. Congratulations!!!!!!

Julie

Comment

Working...
                              X