I think I might have a problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just get so bored at the end of the day. I just want to drink alone, not a lot nothing hard, usually just 6 beers a night.

When I drink I can enjoy watching tv or listening to music, but when I'm sober my hobbies barely keep me entertained. I'm currently looking for work, credit cards are almost maxed.

I think I have a personality disorder that leads to this boredom and getting easily addicted.

I wish I could find something to do that wouldn't be so damn boring. I can't think of anything that sounds fun.

I went to college for 2 years graduated at the top of my class and can't find a job in my field (IT).

I guess I need some advice on how not to be bored and not let alcohol become a problem in my life. I know my family has a bad history with it and I don't want to follow in their footsteps.

good morning Noctix addiction is a strange ailment societies finest havent a clue of whats wrong with us even sadder we can even find ways of doing it when were not working we would even have it more then wanting to eat , you can be the smartest person in the world and not be able to figure it out there is an answer tho youve got a good start youve found this site you dont have to meet face to face you just have to listen learn and write,as far as being bored remember life revolves around addiction,drinking,drugs over eating and the list goes on next time you think of having one of those 6 beers grab a water you d be surprised on how well it tastes, i cant judge you but you want to catch it b4 it gets out of hand just ask us will tell you many horror stories wish you well Me

Comment

gyco;1485155 wrote: good morning Noctix addiction is a strange ailment societies finest havent a clue of whats wrong with us even sadder we can even find ways of doing it when were not working we would even have it more then wanting to eat , you can be the smartest person in the world and not be able to figure it out there is an answer tho youve got a good start youve found this site you dont have to meet face to face you just have to listen learn and write,as far as being bored remember life revolves around addiction,drinking,drugs over eating and the list goes on next time you think of having one of those 6 beers grab a water you d be surprised on how well it tastes, i cant judge you but you want to catch it b4 it gets out of hand just ask us will tell you many horror stories wish you well Me
      Totally agree with Gyno -you don't have to meet it face to face immediately. read, post and with me anyhow, it just seemed to become clear.
      I too had that bored feeling but reading here seeing people having a good time & being happy made me realise we can exist without AL to cure the boredom. Took me months to pluck up the courage to go day 1 and not have the al when I got home from work.
      After that it got easier.
      Go easy on yourself - taper down and good luck !

Comment

Hello & welcome Noctix!

Glad you found us & decided to join. MWO is a good place, lots of support is available here

The boredom you refer to could very well be early signs of depression - it certainly was for me. Losing interest in your normal activities is a classic sign of depression. Habitual drinking becomes a problem too & gets worse over time.
        I had to take steps to address my long standing depression before I make any progress here. But that was me, you may very well be different. If you haven't already, read the MWO book (you can dowmload it from teh Health store here). And take a look thru the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html, it is full of great ideas to help you put a plan together for yourself.

Please drop in the Newbies nest thread for lots of support too!
        Wishing you the best on your journey.

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
        X