Day 20 for the 311 gang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 20 for the 311 gang

Good Morning, hope every one is doing well. Have been going out over the weekend and just drinking sparkling with lime (like free), there are comments, but I just say I am not feeling the best which people understand as I have been a recluse for the last 2 and some weeks. AL is so engrained in our culture, I am feeling overwhelmed, it is everywhere, in one evening at least 10 times I was asked what wine I would like to drink even when I was holding water in my hand, previously I would always have a wine glass in hand, I am hoping to get stronger as the days pass, am determined to get to 30 days.
    On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Day 20 for the 311 gang

Morning. Great job, halo! I know you were concerned about getting out there with your friends who drink alcohol. Congratulations on making it.

Last night I was at home with the family and it was brutally tough. My cravings were out of control. I ended up having an O'Douls that I found in the basement refrigerator. It was the only one among dozens of the real beer and I have no idea where it came from, but it tasted great! Saved me from slipping. Ten more days and we are at the 30 day mark. We can do it!! I know what I am buying today at the store when I pick up the ham for tomorrow's brunch- more O'Douls,

Have a good day, everyone.

Comment

Day 20 for the 311 gang

Halfway, glad to hear you didn't slip, I was scared I might but am getting a lot of strength from this site and am reading and posting to help me stay on track. I never thought about non-alcoholic beer as an option, as I am mostly a wine drinker. Do other MW0 members recommend the non-alcoholic beer as an option? I am worried that drinking something that resembles alcohol will increase my cravings for the real thing. Then again if it works to prevent a slip that is great. Keep up the awesome work, 10 days to the 30 day mark.....
      On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Day 20 for the 311 gang

Checking in. Still AF. Went with youngest daughter today for a bike ride. Had a great time. I have used the non-al beer at times and it seems to help. I think it depends on the person and how they handle the situation. Glad the group is still going. Helps me quite a bit. Have a great weekend and Easter everyone.
        :new: AF 3/11/13

Comment

Day 20 for the 311 gang

Good job, all in! I am not a beer drinker either, but finding that O'Douls las night was a perfect solution for being home with the family and eating pizza. They know about my 30 day "cleanse" so I don't want to disappoint them either.

Just came in from a "Race for the Cure" event that was held...you guessed it- at a local bar. Had a diet coke with lime and then got the heck out of there. Too many offers.

Stay strong, tonight! The ten day count down starts tomorrow. Do I have that right or is that on Monday? Oh well, whatever.

Comment

Working...
          X