Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Life

Hi all

Been struggling to get up the courage to post on here, but am hoping today is going to be day 1 of a new start for me. I have struggled on and off with booze for years now. I have no "off" switch. If I have 1 I will have 10. Then 20, then 30, in fact I will keep going until I am hammered. Not proud about it but there it is. I can't control it and believe me I have tried. I think the only solution is to stop altogether, and tonight is the night I try (again).

Any advice or guidance very welcome! A lot of you guys have done this already so please help me out if you can.

FF
    I can beat this.
    Today is the day I start.
    1st September 2015.

New Life

:welcome: You have come to a great place to start to heal. There are many ways to reach the goal of being and staying sober. Try clicking on the links at the bottom of this post and start reading and posting often. I look forward to getting to know you. You can get and stay sober. I KNOW YOU CAN. This time 4 sure!
    Fat fella;1485405 wrote: Hi all

Been struggling to get up the courage to post on here, but am hoping today is going to be day 1 of a new start for me. I have struggled on and off with booze for years now. I have no "off" switch. If I have 1 I will have 10. Then 20, then 30, in fact I will keep going until I am hammered. Not proud about it but there it is. I can't control it and believe me I have tried. I think the only solution is to stop altogether, and tonight is the night I try (again).

Any advice or guidance very welcome! A lot of you guys have done this already so please help me out if you can.

FF
    Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

New Life

Hi, FF

The link to the Nest is in my signature. It is full of people with busted off switches when it comes to alcohol. There is also a link to the toolbox, which is full of tips for success.

Hope to see you in the Nest! :welcome:

NS

Comment

New Life

Welcome fat fellow. Lots of support here. Some people start a daily dairy of their progress for support and encouragement. Investing in a gym membership can pay of big time. Nutrition is the #1 thing to address. Alcoholism for the most part is a symptom of deficiencies.
        Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

New Life

Hi Fatfella and :welcome: to MWO.

As Lizker says supplementing the vitamins, minerals and amino acids that alcohol and poor diet have stripped from your body will really help.

There is a link in my signature for a synopsis of the problem, also read 'seven weeks to sobriety' by Joan Larsen.

You can also order supplements from here to help repair and reduce cravings.

Comment

New Life

Hi Fat Fella and :welcome:

I too have a busted off switch. It was hard to stop, but with the help of the MWO book, program, and people here on the forum I am able to stay off the booze one day at a time. You can do it too! Pull up a chair. Never give up.

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

New Life

kuya;1485428 wrote: Hi Fatfella and :welcome: to MWO.

As Lizker says supplementing the vitamins, minerals and amino acids that alcohol and poor diet have stripped from your body will really help.

There is a link in my signature for a synopsis of the problem, also read 'seven weeks to sobriety' by Joan Larsen.

You can also order supplements from here to help repair and reduce cravings.
              Thanks for the link! I even bookmarked it. Now the only problem, whats the best brand on the market for all these sups?

Comment

New Life

Hey Fat Fella

Welcome! You are in good company here. Most of us have no OFF switch.
                I know I don't for sure. I struggled for years too, a lot of us have.

I really wish you well and there is great help in the nest here at MWO. I really am not 100% sure what made the difference for me. I used to cry and cry and live in terror that I could never quit. I was lost.

This place has wonderful people who are non -judgemental and kind. Some have years of sobriety. It is not always easy but so worth it. Life can be much much better.

Stick around and share what you want to share, and ask anyone anything you like.

I wish you all that you need to succeed.

Comment

New Life

Reno;1485451 wrote: Thanks for the link! I even bookmarked it. Now the only problem, whats the best brand on the market for all these sups?
                  I have had good service from Biorecovery and river pharmacy here.

I suggest you read the 'seven weeks' book and decide what type of alcoholic drinker you are. They do packs to reduce cost, as do River, but the latter is less comprehensive.

All these are not cheap, but it is cheaper than drinking and how much do you value your life ?

Comment

Working...
                  X