Day One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day One

Anger, shame, self loathing, worry, tears, hurt, confusion, shakiness . . .

"This too shall pass" . . .

Day One

Hi Little Owl, Yep we have all experienced them. You've come to the right place. Settle in and read around the forum. I'm sure you will read a lot of familiar stories. Come over to the Newbie's Nest and grab a branch. We have special spots for owls

For now, just breathe and try to relax. Drink lots of water, with lemon if you can. Treat your self well - like you have the flu. Lots of rest and fluids - water and tea. Eat nutritious food and as much of it as you can.
    Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Day One

Hi Little Owl. I am in the same place. Except its day one and only 5:55am here so I haven't gotten out of bed to face reality yet. Hope to speak to you along our journey.

Comment

Day One

Hi Little Owl

Oh I feel for you my friend. HATE those feelings.

Welcome to MWO. You will find a lot of support here. Stick around

Comment

Day One

Welcome Little Owl

Yep, this too SHALL pass and day two will be better. Look after yourself and keep checking in, ok?

:h
          There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
          You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Day One

Welcome Little Owl. We've all been where you are and each day gets better. Keep reading and posting. There's a lot of love and support to be found here. Hang out with the Newbies. That's where many of us started and still check in. Keep checking in.
            ~nurdl
            :notes:
            we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Day One

Hey Little Owl! We've all got the tee shirts from the G/S/R Brothers (Guilt, Shame, Remorse). Please do join us over in the Newbie's nest, we have lots of success there. The link is below, also find the Tool Box...this is a treasure trove of information to help you thru the first challenging days and weeks. We are so glad you found us...this place saves lives and I'm one of them! Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
              X