Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcohol ignition system (AIS)

Hi

Yes I had to get an AIS, then cause I felt i was better, I got it taken out of my car.

I am now putting this back into my car cause of the demands of my x husband.

Can anyone tell if im doing the right thing atm........... putting the system back in the car has him tell every one i have a drinking problem, however i wont drive any where with my 5 year old daughter if im not confident etc etc

Have you checked ya starter motor Hamster..long time no see ..sounds like ya still on the case or still crazy hee ..hope ya well

Comment

Oh don't drive ANYWhere. Ok!,

Comment

I think if you are not drinking you have nothing to worry about. Put it in for peace of mind and peace in the family.
        Day 1 again 11/5/19
        Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
        Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
        Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
        11/27/19: messed up but back on track
        12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi Hamster,

Mine was court-ordered so it was impossible for me to take it out. Why do you have it there in the first place...by choice or what?
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hey K9 and Hamster

That's what I was thinking-I thought those things were either mandatory or not. Can you take it in and out like that? Seems odd

Comment

We don't have them here in the uk? How do they work?
              AF since 2nd Oct 2012
              Day by day

Comment

You have to blow into a device that is connected to your car's engine, and if you have any alcohol in your system, your car "locks" up and won't start. Mine malfunctioned all the time and I'd find myself stranded for hours. You have to pay to keep them calibrated, AND you have to "rent" them, AND you have to keep checking in with the judge to provide a report of your activities. This went on for 18 months for me (and thousands of dollars...and lots of humiliation!)

The WORST was when I went on a first date (great guy) and he walked me to my car after dinner (we met at the restaurant) and I had to pretend like I was digging for something in my purse for 30 seconds while I BLEW MY CAR!!

I finally came up with a way to disguise it...I used a paper cup with a straw and a lid on it...I put the device in the cup and snaked the tube through the straw so it looked like I was drinking instead of giving my car a blow job. LOL

Comment

OH K9

Priceless. Or you could have said "Excuse me while I blow my car. I used to be an irresponsible drunk maniac." LOL

Comment

:H:H LOL Ann! Believe me he found out...I STILL wasn't done drinking then and he became my best drinking buddy (among other types of buddy). LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X