No fooling -- April 2013 AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, start of the month. My goal is to be AF this month. Any one else?
    Free at Last
    "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
    http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

free at last;1486291 wrote: Ok, start of the month. My goal is to be AF this month. Any one else?
    I'm always bugging you Free, so I might as well "officially" hang out with you, too! :H:H:H

Glad you're home for a bit!! :h NS

Comment

Hey free, there's another big group on day one today, with the goal of going AF for all of April. Eight, including you!

Oh gosh, now I have to think of a new name for us all!
      Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Great to have the company. Home for a week and then I'm "leaving on a jet plane...."

Ok, those of you who started on day 1, please join in -- I can tell you having a community to whom you feel accountable (crazy, yeah, accountable to anonymous people on the internet!) sure has helped me. I didn't make 30 consecutive days on my last effort (3/11) but know the support helped me link a lot of AF days together and to pick myself up and start again on my goal of 30 consecutive AF days. Here's to new beginnings and the beginning of a new month!
        Free at Last

Comment

Good luck, guys. Siren, thank you SO much for starting the 311 Gang. I am not 30 days yet, but it's looking good.

Comment

Great to see you Siren. I am not on day 1, but still benefit from connection to others who have gone before me and are going through similar issues.

Oh yeah, did I read something about you starting a 90 day workout to get you ready for some big athletic event. Does that start today?
            Free at Last

Comment

Hi I want to join you for AF April. Am i in the right place? I am new here.

It will be my first AF month in 23 years. Looking forward to it. I already have two days down which I am very proud of.

Cheers
              RA

Comment

I'm in too, if that's OK

My maximum no of consecutive AF days to date is six weeks (a couple of years ago) and recently I've had a couple of 17/18 day stints but I always manage to stumble around 3 weeks. I guess I forget how bad it really is... anyway, no more! I'm currently on day 7 but would love to be part of a group aiming for a common goal of AF April. Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Red Riding Hood

Comment

Oh, I gotcha, free - I just misinterpreted your first post.

Technically not started training yet, but it's a couch-to program so I'll catch up quickly. My tri is at the end of August. I'm looking forward to starting tomorrow NOT hung-over for the first time in a while.

It's great to have a whole group going for a common goal - but if you are feeling shaky or about to cave, make sure you also check in at the Nest. There is usually someone there, while other threads are more sporadic.
                  Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

x-post - welcome Red! Sure, the more the merrier!

Comment

Count me in free, hoping to get in my 30 days and keep it going..This new thread will help me keep the rest of April AF as well. I couldn't agree more l, having a thread to hold you accountable has helped me tremendously in getting my AF days so far, thanks 311, :l
                      On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

I'm on Day 16 and my next goal is to make April (and beyond) an AF month. Despite having clocked up quite a few days now I feel as though the cravings are getting stronger and a group like this will help me to stay strong. Sixteen days is the longest alcohol free period I've had in 16 years and I want to do everything I can to stay sober...so if you'll have me- I'm in!!!
                        'The surest way not to fail is to determine to succeed'
                        Richard Brinsley Sheridan

1st goal: 7 days
                        2nd goal: 30 days
                        3rd goal: 3 months

Comment

Welcome, Aussie, Red, Halfway, Halo, Prettytulip, Siren, and anyone else who wants to work toward AF April. You may be interested to know April is alcohol awareness month and I believe April 11 is a day set aside to alcohol awareness self-testing. So encourage others to join in.

healthfinder.gov/NHO/PDFs/AprilNHOtoolkit.pdf
                          Free at Last

Comment

Forgot to mention No Sugar who has two months+ of AF days racked up. We definitely need her advice!
                            Free at Last

Comment

Great! I am super excited to be part of the group. Feel free to PM me anytime. I'm in Australia so will be lagging a little behind (actually ahead) but I'll be checking in heaps as I really need your support - especially since my husband is still drinking daily.

As soon as I get rid of these withdrawl symptoms (mega FLU) I'm going to start running to help inspire me to stay in good health. So happy to chat about fitness or nutrition too - I am a final year naturopathy student. Which makes it even more outrageous that I drink to excess!!

Cheers
                              RA

Comment

Working...
                              X