No fooling -- April 2013 AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Clean for Life!!! So glad you found us...Check out newbie's nest too. Lots of tools over there and many people just starting out.....
    Everyone else will be chiming in momentarily.... In the meantime, you could tell us a bit about yourself, what brought you here.....or you could go back and read earlier posts to get to know us!!
    :welcome:
    I just won't anymore

Comment

Mein, facing up is the biggest step! I couldn't count how many times I lied to myself and my family regarding my use of Al, so you have made a big step and faced up, which is great! Now stick close by and we're here for you!
      On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Clean For Life welcome, please join us in being Alcohol Free for the rest of April and beyond. The MWO is here to help!
        On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

:happy: Guess What?

I hit day 40 AF today ! ! ! :happy:

-S-

Comment

that is great laststraw!!!!:wd::yougo::disco:
            I just won't anymore

Comment

Thanks, JENNIECH.

I love the dance party!!!

-S-

Comment

Welcome CLEAN FOR LIFE.

I hope you enjoy MWO.

-S-

Comment

thelaststraw;1495774 wrote: :happy: Guess What?

I hit day 40 AF today ! ! ! :happy:

-S-
                  Congratulations Last Straw!! :wave::applaud::rockband::jumpwow:

40 DAYS! a massive achievement - keep on rocking!!
                  Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

Thelaststraw... congratulations! What a wonderful accomplishment!

Halo... thank you for the support. I'm on Day 2 and working on my positivity and strength.

Free... wow, I really admire you for pouring out the wine! I travel a lot for my career as well so I understand what you mean about the loneliness of a hotel room. AL can become that "companion" that hangs out with you in the evenings, or work colleagues can become drinking buddies because you think there is nothing else to do. Traveling adds a whole other dimension to staying AF. Good for you, I admire your strength!

Feeling "blah" today. Too much work to do when I would rather stick close to MWO. I'll try to come back often today.

Much love and strength to you all.
                    Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Thanks SNAP & MEIN. Whew!!! it is work, but it's the good type of work.

MEIN: Best wishes to get past the "blah" day 2.

-S-

Comment

Hello,

I am new. I can't begin to tell you how much reading here has helped me these last few days. I am not ready to share quite yet, but I would very much like to join this group now and follow you through May.

Peace
                        Mags Mom

May 2, Day 2

Comment

Welcome Clean for Life and MagMom--you are among people who know the struggle and are working every day to remove AL from their lives. Please join us in this thread and you might also check out the Newbie's nest -- read a couple of the last pages to get a sense of people.

Congrat The Last Straw -- on 40 days. No fooling around for you! Keep going strong.

Happy to report another AF day and night for me. One more day of work, two 6+ flights, several long hours in airports and I am home sweet home. May not be online for a day or two.
                          Free at Last
                          "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
                          http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Thanks FREE AT LAST.

Right now I noticed a HALT moment and was headed to the Gym, but I was Hungry (forgot to eat) Angry (at hubby) Lonely (miss my family) and Tired (cat kept me awake this a.m.).

So I'm piled into bed with a tray of food and not going to the gym (it's across the street from the bottle store).

Day + 42, here I come ! ! !

-S-

Comment

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been around much. I had a crappy weekend and last few days. My husband is definitely leaving - this weekend. He wants us both to have some space but he has given me hope that our marriage is not irretrievably broken. He wants to spend time together but he's not sure exactly how yet. So I'm not totally bereft. We have a house together and he will be around a lot to help me take care of it and our dogs.

I used to wait until I was alone to drink so I was really scared that with him gone I would just climb into a bottle and give up. So today I started on Antabuse. I now can't drink even if I want to. Feels good - back on Day 1 today.

On the brighter side - I find out tomorrow which position I scored during our re-org. My manager couldn't tell me yet but he gave me a hint or two and said I would be happy. So I'm looking forward to getting the final word on that.

I'm going to read back through and see how everyone's been doing over the past few days.
                              Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

laststraw....You are doing the right thing!! I am impressed with your decisions and thought process.
                                siren - you sound strong given circumstances. glad you are are back on day 1!!

Right now I am watching a show on PBS about the dust bowl. If you want to gain a renewed appreciation of what we have, you should check out this show.....it really puts a lot in perspective!
                                I just won't anymore

Comment

Working...
                                X