No fooling -- April 2013 AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the monthly thread! Am feeling good but as the weather warms am nervous about patio season setting out a whole new wave of triggers, I spent alot of time on patios having cocktails, maybe we can have a monthly thread after the April one. I know that it has been extremely helpful for me and I am more determined than ever to get through April AF with a little help from my friends....(Beatles song), MWO friends that is!!
    Oh and Jenniech I've been humming the Cheers song for a couple of days now!
    On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

halo;1494283 wrote: I love the monthly thread! Am feeling good but as the weather warms am nervous about patio season setting out a whole new wave of triggers, I spent alot of time on patios having cocktails, maybe we can have a monthly thread after the April one. I know that it has been extremely helpful for me and I am more determined than ever to get through April AF with a little help from my friends....(Beatles song), MWO friends that is!!
      Oh and Jenniech I've been humming the Cheers song for a couple of days now!
      I know what you mean Halo. We are also big into sitting/grilling/drinking outside when the weather is nice (at the golf course, at home, in the city... etc) so I've been thinking about that as well.

I second the idea of a May thread. The April thread has also helped me thanks to the wonderful people on here.

Much love and strength to you all today.
      Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

I'm up for a May AF thread.

-S-

Comment

Hi all, great progress, even with the thoughts/cravings occasionally creeping in. Am happy to report another AF day/night racked up for me. I, too, welcome a May thread. I'm committed to continuing to work, ODAT, toward a joyous, sober life.
          Free at Last
          "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
          http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

A May thread.....that is one thing in the future worth projecting about!!!!
            I am coming down with a nasty cold :upset:
            very sore throat and feeling like crap. When drinking, I would drink away the symptoms only to prolong the illness and feel even worse the next day!! I am hoping I have reached the peak of feeling like crap.
            so, with my lemon herbal tea and some frozen vanilla yogurt I am going to curl up to some TV and then early shut eye!!
            I just won't anymore

Comment

jenniech, I used to do the same thing, catch a cold, not rest and take care of myself but rather drink, and as far as I know AL is not a medicine that is going to make you feel better, it just made me feel so much worse, no wonder I had colds/coughs/chills that lasted weeks. Get healthy, take care of yourself .Hope you are feeling better..
              try some soup and hugs:l
              On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Sorry JENNI, get well soon.

-S-

Comment

FREE, what does ODAT mean

-S-

Comment

ODAT - One Day At a Time
                    I just won't anymore

Comment

thanks for the :l and well wishes!
                      Although it is a bit too early to tell (still waiting for coffee to be done) I think I feel better. Happy Saturday!!! My best part of today so far was waking up thinking about what I had to do at work today only to realize about 5 minutes later that it was Saturday!!!!! :H
                      I just won't anymore

Comment

When I don't drink, I find an extra two hours in the morning, since I am not groggy, have no headaches. Managed to hit the gym (6 day at the hotel, 4 to go), eat a good breakfast, and take a brief walk. Now I have to start unfooling around and get some reports for my client cranked out. Will report in at the end of the day.
                        Free at Last

Comment

Free, your work schedule is not for the weak, I find it inspirational seeing you achieve all those AF days, when you're constantly travelling. Keep it up! :goodjob:
                          On my way to the gym as well, have a great AF weekend!

Comment

Thanks, Halo, for the support. The worst for me are the plane rides and waiting in the airports. Saying no thanks to the alcohol, which is pushed down the aisles, repeatedly on the long hauls, really tries my willpower. But, things seem to be getting easier.

Glad to report 16 consecutive AF days.
                            Free at Last

Comment

free at last;1494815 wrote:

Glad to report 16 consecutive AF days.
                              Way to go, Free! You must be feeling pretty dang powerful! :goodjob:

:h NS

Comment

Thanks, NS. I wouldn't say powerful, but the thoughts are less frequent and not as all consuming as in the first week. Am feeling that 30 days must really be a turning point for people because I really am beginning to feel as though I am earning my freedom from this drug.
                                Free at Last

Comment

Working...
                                X