Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brilliance put out by the booze

Hi All

As the months roll on and the years tick by i am longing to try a 1 year period without the booze to uncover the brilliance that i am without `a few ` daily drinks

I keep choosing a date but that date allway`s passes and excuses turn up i wont waste your time listing the reasons not to stop

i long to look in the mirror and see a person i love not hate, i long to look in the mirror and see a healthy person not a worn out one with a big gut , i long to look in the mirror and say to my self i nailed it not i f*&ked it up !

The time is now! Today! The first of the month is a great day to start. Just commit to 30 days at first, and then, as Byrdie says, rinse and repeat.
    I started my journey just six months ago and I already feel those things you say you long to feel. It is wonderful, the time!!!
    Please start today!
    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Hi, the time is now,

I went back over some of your posts and you seem on the edge just ready to jump into an alcohol free life. I say just jump. Give it a go. Read here and post and accept help. I know it sounds too easy but just start.

In on of your posts you asked about business owners and how it is for us sober. I'm a good practitioner and I am now even better because I can hear and see what my patients want and need. I can catch the small things they do or say that they're not aware of. I highly recommend it!

Keep us posted,

kronkcarr

Comment

In my experience, setting a "quit date" made me drink harder than ever in anticipation of that date. There's no time like the present. It won't be any easier next week or next month. I quit on a Friday so I could get days 1-3 and the first weekend over all at once. Just think, once you quit and get through the first week, you'll never have to go through that again! Is it easy? No. Is it worth it? YES!
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hi Time,

Just like K9 said above, setting a quit date just gave me the license to abuse myself up until that point. Then there was always a reason to extend that date.

That is the kind of addicted thinking that got me into that mess.

To get out of that vicious cycle, I had to try a new way of thinking.

For me, I had to figure out "who" was doing the talking in my head. The real me or the addiction? I figured out that I could determine who was really speaking, if I concentrated.

Time, I love the way you posted "uncover the brilliance that I am." What a beautiful phrase! Are you willing to put up with some minor and temporary discomfort to get there?

The push will have to come from you.
          "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
          AF 11/12/11

Comment

Start right this second. Never give in, grind out the early days and weeks, good things await.
            Sober since 13th January 2012

Comment

Start now and don't look back. I was like K9 and Pinecone...setting a date made me just slam down a few more glasses of wine. Then I would be a bit hungover and not have the wherewithall to start. Just do it now. Now is the best time!
              February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Thanks for your coments

Comment

But????
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Just quit. Don't wait. Don't pick up 1 more glass. Don't finish the one you have with you now.
                    (This is the tough love version of please don't drink any more.)
                    BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

Working...
                    X