Day two...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day two...

Today I feel great! Last night I did have two small glasses of wine before bed, (the kind where you pay through the nose for in the pub and the glass is soooo tiny)..well, that's what I allowed myself and I worked on the computer of pictures of my little girl waiting for my husband to call.

I put the cork back in the bottle after that, there is still 3/4 left...I even still have beer left in the fridge. My skin is not all dried out, I was able to spring out of bed to get my bub as soon as she was done playing for a while with her pony and made her a nice healthy breakfast and a smoothie.

Thanks everyone for all the support.. :l I am definetely staying here as I now believe I will be able to kick this. I know I'm going to slip up, but I am going to try and keep this feeling with me...:l

Day two...

Heeeeyyyy GG...don't let Mr Pessimism pay a visit so soon!!! I think I know where you are coming from though....it feels easier to say this, and then if we do go tits up...it doesn't feel so bad....I STILL feel a bit like evryone is waiting for me to 'slip', as there are always silences when I tell people I don't drink anymore, from those who know me too well...

Shame we think we have to feel like this...Why not change your last sentence to:
    'it's doubtful that I will slip, as I have seen how good I feel with the past two days EXCELLENT moderating....I AM gonna keep this good feeling with me'....
    Train the mind, and the rest will find it easier to follow sweetie...

Bloomin good going GG....KEEP it going......a good life for yourself and your bub

Much love Weemelon xxx

Comment

Day two...

I know...I'm just so used to saying "I'm never going to do this again" and then "BAM..a day or two later I am back in the same spot." I'll try to keep what you said and change that last sentence.

Thanks so much for the kind words! I am going to get bub ready and we are heading to the market to buy some fresh fruits and flowers for the flat.

My father does not drink anymore, he has been AF now for over 10 years and when ever he comes to visit I always buy him the alcohol free champagne and wine, which he likes so this will help too when I go home.

Till that time I want to have myself in control of it for a change and not the other way around. I have to find a new hobby to replace it with though...I've upped my shopping which is not good. I shop enough now..maybe more time cooking, I do love to cook. What did you replace yours with?

Comment

Day two...

Insomniacal nights at MWO.....:H better than nights of sleep caused only by 2 or 3 bottles of vino I suppose....

I read, walk on the beach, go to bed early with a book and horlicks (very cosy)...and treat myself with the money I have saved from boozing....massages, thrift shopping, and lovely little cinema trips on my own so I can see EXACTLY what I want....it took a while to get into this.....at first, I felt rather boring, but it was only because I wasn't used to doing stuff with a 'normal' mind...Now I LOVE my 'boring' sober life....

It just gets better and better.......enjoy the market trip, buy a big bunch from me GG...(sorry, you'll have to pay for them yourself, but it's the thought that counts.....tee hee!!)

Woop de doo Missus....
        Weeveryhappydullmelon xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Day two...

Hi GG, well done and congrats on 2 days AF. I too was a 'never again' proclaimer, my work colleagues used to ask me every week for the 'Monday Mantra' - sigh.
          Hi Weemelon, yes me too, much better to be 'boring' than 'ashamed', thank you.

Lorna
          Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Day two...

GG...It sounds like a night of moderation...consider how proud you should be that you didn't fall into the bottle...2 small pub glasses is great moderating...try not to be so hard on yourself...think of where you have come from and where you want to go and continue on your journey...the flowers are a great little treat for yourself....as you know today is day 4 for me and i am struggling but trying...and hopeful...you really helped me alot yesterday...the stuggles and stress with kids is something i understand...you are lucky that you have already replaced the alcohol with alcohol free stuff at your Dads ..that shoud take some pressure off of a visit...i always feel the pressure to drink with my dad on a visit...You are doing great in my opinion and remember that you sprung out of bed...thats alot different that PULLING yourself out of bed in a fog to get your bub....Be strong and keep posting...:h buck

Comment

Working...
            X