Day 24 for 311 Gang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 24 for 311 Gang

Morning. Groggy start to the morning, but a shower and coffee will fix that issue. The song
    "I want a New Drug" popped into my head. Ha! Missing the alcohol less today, but guess I must feel I need something to make me smile. Three weeks free should be enough AND I just got 110 points on a WWF word. Take that, sista!

Have a good one, all.

Day 24 for 311 Gang

Way to go halfway. You are doing amazing.
    Happy to report yesterday was another AF day for me.
    Free at Last
    "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
    http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Day 24 for 311 Gang

free at last;1487165 wrote: Way to go halfway. You are doing amazing.
      Happy to report yesterday was another AF day for me.
      Hi, Free

Do you get to relax while you are home or are you working?

Hope you have a great day in either case!

:h NS

Comment

Day 24 for 311 Gang

Great free. Happy to hear it was AF for you! Keep it up, keep it up, keep it up ( that was for me, too)
        Very tough event tonight...

Comment

Day 24 for 311 Gang

Hi No Sugar,
          This week it was house guest upon arrival (agreed to by me!), then several hours at an embassy trying to get a visa for a flight on Sunday. Yesterday was treat myself day -- a nice long walk with my dog, some puttering in the apartment, and making dinner with DH. Today, it is back to work, with the dog by my side. Lovely.

Halfway -- have a plan for the event tonight. Visualize yourself holding a glass of water or some AF beverage in your hand. You can do this.
          Free at Last
          "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
          http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Day 24 for 311 Gang

Thanks, free. I will come up with something. We are suppose to bring a bottle of wine. Ouch. I will because I really don't want to have to explain anything. That is getting a little old for me.
            Thanks. Enjoy your day!

Comment

Day 24 for 311 Gang

Hello day 24!!!! Awesome everyone, thanks halfway for being the thread keeper...Am going out on Friday night with friends from way back, am nervous but have a plan..the good ol I'm on antibiotics. If I ca make it through this Friday, I will be very proud as drinking and socializing with this group is like the pairing of milk and cookies, they have always gone together, trying to break habits is difficult but I keep reminding myself possible
              On to day 25:h
              On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Day 24 for 311 Gang

Good plan, halo! Tonight is my tests of all tests... I know can do it. No way I am blowing this now!
                I just don't want to talk about it with this group of a dozen women!! Maybe because they are actually my dearest friends and I don't want them to worry about me. It will be fine. Thank you so much for your support these 24 days. Means a lot!

Comment

Day 24 for 311 Gang

Hi everyone - just checking in on you all. You all sound really good! I'm still on Day 3 - had some bumps today (a lot of us day 3 folks did today - strange). But I'm hanging in there.

Today I was picturing myself ordering a mocktail the next time I went out. I was trying to think what I would order because I don't like a lot of those fru fru drinks. I thought it would be hilarious to order a virgin long island ice tea and watch the confusion on the bartender's face. :H:H:H
                  Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Day 24 for 311 Gang

I am home and made it through the evening with lots of glasses of water. I felt great on the drive home until I realized that I placed my phone in the cup holder in my car- the cup holder that held a cup with about an inch of iced tea in it. Don't know if my phone is a goner or not. Guess sober people do dumb things, too. Grrrr.

Comment

Day 24 for 311 Gang

halfway content;1487606 wrote: I am home and made it through the evening with lots of glasses of water. I felt great on the drive home until I realized that I placed my phone in the cup holder in my car- the cup holder that held a cup with about an inch of iced tea in it. Don't know if my phone is a goner or not. Guess sober people do dumb things, too. Grrrr.
                      Great work on staying AF tonight!! So cool that you were strong enough to do that.
                      You can always do the rice trick. It worked when my hubby dropped his phone in the toilet. Cover your phone with uncooked rice in an airtight container a leave for 24 hrs minimum.

Goodnight and well done.

Comment

Day 24 for 311 Gang

Thanks, Aussie. Phone is in the rice right now. I was so happy driving home, I wasn't speeding but I was cruising and just singing along with the radio. Parted me wanted a cop to stop me, just so I could say nope, I haven't had anything to drink. Life is good!

Hey, it's after midnight so I am on Day 25 and it is my day off. Life is really, really good!

Night, all.

Comment

Day 24 for 311 Gang

halfway content;1487620 wrote: Thanks, Aussie. Phone is in the rice right now. I was so happy driving home, I wasn't speeding but I was cruising and just singing along with the radio. Parted me wanted a cop to stop me, just so I could say nope, I haven't had anything to drink. Life is good!

Hey, it's after midnight so I am on Day 25 and it is my day off. Life is really, really good!

Night, all.
                          Yay on all fronts !! I know what you mean about the cops! Haaa

Comment

Working...
                          X