Pecemaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pecemaker

Hi I am new to the forum and not sure what to do. Just wanted to say hello.:new:

Pecemaker

A lot of people will be around to guide you.

I wish you the best of everything!

Comment

Pecemaker

Welcome Peacemaker! I like your name....

Feel free to tell us a little more about yourself and why you're here. There are good resources for dealing with addiction that folks are happy to share....
      Sober for the Revolution!
      AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Pecemaker

Peacemaker

Thanks. Its all really scary stuff but I have to do this. Have not read the book yet but am going to get it. My husband is supportive. I need to do something or I am afraid of the consequences on my health, my family and my life in general. It has really got hold of me. The ironic thing in all of this is that I am really a lovely caring person. LOL

Comment

Pecemaker

I have been to AA (briefly) but unsuccessfully. Been to hypnotists, counsellors and tried just strong willpower. Prayed to God and cried my heart out. I wake up the next morning and I am still the same person caught in addiction. But, I am a caring loving mum and wife. I work full time and manage to get us all through our busy days at school and home. I am so tired of always battling this. Its wearing me down. I need to do something. It was my husband who found this site.

Comment

Pecemaker

Hi Peace! :welcome:

Everyone I have met on this forum is extremely warm and caring, so you are in good company. Alcohol does not discriminate. Wouldn't it be great if it did?

What are your goals? Do you have a sobriety plan? There are a lot of tools here. Check out the toolbox - lots of good tools on how to get and stay sober.

Come over to the Newbie's Nest. There are a lot of folks who are just starting or re-starting their quit. We would love to get to know you and help you with any questions.
            Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Pecemaker

Hi Peace and Welcome :welcome:

Please tuck yourself in tonight and follow the links in my sigbature to the Tool Box and The Newbie Nest. They are wonderful places to start

I'm snuggling tonight wih my daughter, eating Oyster crackers and watching the mummies. I have been working on getting AL free since last May.

Been thru ups and downs but MWO is a constant guide on the journey. So glad you found us and I'm very glad you have support at home. That's a huge plus!

Sleep tight,

:l
              On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
              *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Pecemaker

Hi Peacemaker

:welcome:

I'm glad you found us.
                There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Pecemaker

X-post Kradle! Great minds think alike, no?
                  Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Pecemaker

No i dont have any plan as yet. This is all very new to me. I will definitely look in the toolbox link. Thanks for all your warm well wishes.

Comment

Pecemaker

Peace...a lot of us here have been where you are now. I remember feeling so scared and depressed and....hopeless. Addiction is powerful.

But! You can break free. A lot of us have. And, for many of us, that process began when we understood what addiction was costing us. That's where you are right now....and that is good. You've taken a huge step toward freedom.

When you are ready...you will need to deal with detox. I would suggest looking over the information that is posted here and in other places on the web.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f7...wal-13412.html

I don't want to overwhelm you with a lot of information or advice right now...but if you have the opportunity and time...there is a lot to dig into in this site and beyond.

You can do this...because you want to...and need to. You've got help now....and you've got hope!
                      Sober for the Revolution!
                      AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Pecemaker

welcome peacemaker!

i am new to this site as well and am founding it very supportive and helpful...i too am a great mom and work 2 jobs ....i have a wonderful husband...but my drinking has caused us many dark days.............you are at a great place to start feeling worthy of happiness........
                        You've been CRITICISING yourself for years and it hasn't worked. Try APPROVING of yourself and see what happens......

Comment

Pecemaker

Hi Peacemaker!

Same here! Loving wife and mother. The good people on this site have gotten me through to day 8 with no alcohol. I'm stoked. Welcome aboard and if I can give one piece of advice - treat this like a journal and check in daily and as many times per day as you need. Tell us what you are feeling/thinking/experiencing and enjoy the great advice and wisdom that people share in return.

Looking forward to sharing the journey.

Cheers
                          Running Aussie

Comment

Pecemaker

Hi there Peacemaker, many of us were functioning alcoholics I think the term is. Going to work,running the home etc and not been in trouble (caught drinking and driving etc) but all worn down be AL (alcohol). The first few days are dreadful but it gets so much better in a really short time. Just hold on to not having the first drink if you can. You are certainly not alone, keep reading and ge some vitamins. Goood luck.
                            AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

Pecemaker

Hello & welcome Peacemaker

The best place to start is by reading the MWO book. You can dowload it right from the Health store here on the site.

I was scared when I first found MWO but that is history now. I made a good plan for myself & commited myself to taking back control of my life - you can do it too

Wishing you the best!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X