My Soundtrack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Soundtrack

Your post made me laugh! I grew up in the south and kudzu was (and still is) EVERYWHERE! You are right-you can't kill it. I grew up HATING the stuff. I couldn't believe it when I had to actualy BUY the stuff and swallow it!But it does help. I am an adult onset alcoholic as well. I didn't start drinking at all till I was 40, no problems till about age 45. I'm 49 now. We'll beat this together! I have been here about a month. Good to meet you!:welcome:
    Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

My Soundtrack

Hey Amethyst
      We could really make a splash with Kudzu recipes
      Kudzu ALA Mode
      Kudzu Avocodo Dip
      Kudzu Lamb Patties
      Kudzu Cheeseburgers
      Kudzu Curry
      The first and only cookbook for drunks. And we have all these people to help us try out the recipes.
      Then we could open our own bar like Forrest Gump and serve Kudzu and Shrimp...maybe I went a little too far. But a bar for drunks run by drunks is another original idea. We could have cold showers and cots in the back, all inclusive for one low price of whatever is left in their pockets.
      Take care,
      Anemone:new:

Comment

My Soundtrack

Welcome - It is my 2nd Day AF. This place will give you so much encourgement, just keep posting and reading thru everyone else's, there are a ton of similarities. Keep strong, you can do it and life will take a wonderful turn...you have to have faith.

Love - Barbie
        We live our lives in chains and dont even know we have the key!

Comment

My Soundtrack

Wlcome welcome.....sound as if your life has been quite a journey.... you should be proud that you are at place where you can reach out....and ask for help and insite...this place will give you lots of that....you must find strength down deep and try to open yourself up to new possiblities...i can not possibly understand what you have been through or what you are currently going through but can say that i am here to listen and try to help in any way i can as is everyone here....finding your best friend in the bottle is the common denominator on this site...it is so hard to let go of....Read as much as you can here and take what you can with you that is pertinant to your life...i highly reccomend the book if you have not read it already and the topa is working for me....i am coming off years of at least 3 bottles of wine a day and i finally got sick and tired of being sick and tired...once the fog clears everything seems SO much brighter.....we are all here for you...you can do this if you believe....:h :goodjob: buck

Comment

My Soundtrack

This is such an amazing space in time for me.
            Anemone

Comment

My Soundtrack

The problem is that I would really rather drink than deal with what I am dealing with at this point in my life.
              Anemone

Comment

Working...
              X