Day 29 for the 311 Gang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 29 for the 311 Gang

Morning. Gray Monday and I am always groggy on Monday mornings. This Monday I am sleepy, but not hungover. I even remember all of the performances from The Country Awards show last night! Four weeks ago today was a different type of Monday. I was hungover when I woke up, and I didn't remember the night before. So I made the decision (with the help of Siren's call to join the 311 Gang), to just do it, as the saying goes. I just did it and tomorrow is Day 30 of no alcohol. Tough, scary days, no doubt; but so worth it!!

Best of luck to all. Have a good, strong AF day.

Day 29 for the 311 Gang

Way to go halfway. I battled some AL demons yesterday, and won. Keep going!
    Free at Last
    "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
    http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Day 29 for the 311 Gang

Still chugging along..day 28! I will say that this was an....interesting weekend. From Friday-Sunday, I was around alcohol.

Friday, met a co-worker for dinner....we ate, and she had 3 margaritas, I had a diet coke. That actually wasn't too torturous.

Saturday- met a friend for lunch, she had a few daiquiris, I had iced tea, again, not tooooo bad. Now comes Saturday night- this one was kinda tough. Went to a party with my husband, open bar, drinks a flowin'. I had diet coke. This one was tough. I may have been the only person in the room not drinking. The temptation to get a drink wasn't there- but being the lone sober goose when everyone else was tipsy was irritating. I was so ready to go home.....but I made it.

Sunday- met a few ladies for brunch (at noon) with a new Women's group in my neighborhood....everyone had mimosas and champagne....I still had a good time, nursed an iced tea. I admit I had moments of..."if I had just one mimosa, who would know?"

Anyhow, I really feel like if I made it through this weekend, I can make it through anything, ha!!!

Happy Monday!
      AF since 3/12/13.

Completed over a year AF and fell off the wagon.
      Back to it, new day 1= 7/1/14

I'm on my way.

Comment

Day 29 for the 311 Gang

Great work I'm On My Way, I hope to get to a spot where you are today. I know now there is no way I would have been able to survive a weekend as you described AF, I am so proud of your accomplishment, since I have been AF (29 days) I have made it through 4 gatherings where there was AL in total, and it was difficult, but possible I remind myself. I am such a social person and have been basically a recluse for a month as I know that is the only way I could achieve my goal (ONE MORE DAY!)...

I am hoping to find the strength to resume my social behaviour but I just know I can't do it yet, how do you know when you finally have AL beat???????
        On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Day 29 for the 311 Gang

As excited as I am that tomorrow is my Day 30, I am nervous as well. I originally came here to the site to learn how to moderate, but now I don't know what I will do. I know I won't drink this week, but I am not sure that I will keep counting my days off alcohol. Lots of soul searching for me in the weeks ahead.
          I am hoping to put the same energy that I put into staying AF for 30 days into something...just not sure what that will be. Whatever I choose to do, I will continue to support all of the wonderful people here at MWO. Thanks so much! Feeling good is a fabulous thing; knowing that I can live without alcohol feels like a miracle. I will have to remind myself of that every single morning.

Comment

Day 29 for the 311 Gang

halfway I totally agree, our daily posts have been a huge impact , please join us over in the April AF month, I think that will be a huge help for me!!! The MWO site was down again, very stressful for me which shows that I am not ready to battle AL on my own.Big hugs tomorrow everone, we did it!!! One month AF, YEAH!!!:l
            On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Day 29 for the 311 Gang

AWESOME JOB 311ERS! :naughtfeet:

Y'all are kickin' ass!:bat

I'm on my way ~ Wow! You really treated yourself wonderfully & deserve a big celebration! :cheering: I hope you ALL have something GRAND planned for your 1 month :threesome:

:divine: Dedication to YOURSELVES.

XX P.
              "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

Day 29 for the 311 Gang

So proud of everyone -- keep going strong.
                Free
                Free at Last
                "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
                http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Working...
                X