Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tapering...what to expect?

Hi all,

I appreciate this is different for everyone but last time I tried (and failed) it was partly due to a couple of really bad nights in which I lay awake feeling terrified with horrible thoughts leaping through my mind. When I did sleep, I had nightmares. Does anyone have any tips for getting through this bit?

:new:

Tapering...what to expect?

Hi, Want to Change,

Just checked back into mwo, after being away for a bit. Welcome! I have a link about tapering in my signature line. Just click on it. I believe there is also a thread on mwo about tapering. Hope it helps.

Soooo many of us have been where you are. I have tried and failed many times, but am happy to have 130 days today. The last bender caused the worst withdrawals I've ever been through. Hope I never have to endure that again.

Join us over in the Newbie's Nest (under "Just Starting Out"). Lots of people over there just starting out or starting over. There are people from all over the world, sharing their friendship, their struggles, and what is working for them. A great place to come for friendship and support at any time of the day or night.

Just try to get through the first few hellish days and you will be on your way. God, have we all been there! Drink as much water, with as much fresh lemon squeezed in, as you can hold. It helps to detox the liver, re-hydrate and alkalinize your system.

See your doctor if you can, to help you get through the withdrawals. If you can't get medical help in the form of some valium or ativan, to get through the first couple of days, then maybe tapering is the way to go. Cold turkey can be dangerous.

Read back and get to know us. Post, so we can get to know you, too. There is a mwo book you can download, and many threads to read with feedback on various supplements and meds that are working for others, like l-glutamine, kudzu, baclofen, topamax, etc.

Wish I had checked in yesterday, so I could have responded when you first posted, instead of a day later. Hope you will join us over in the 'Newbie's Nest'. We look forward to getting to know you. So glad you are here!
    AF since 12/2/12
    http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Working...
    X