day 5 ..still alive..barely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

day 5 ..still alive..barely

Congratulations on Day 5! I empathize with the sad feeling. Today is Day 4 for me. I'm not struggling today with the drinking part of it, but I am suffering from that same sad feeling. Can't get my energy up to do anything productive tonight (except, of course, come here and read tons and tons of posts). One of the reasons I'm not struggling tonight is because my husband is home. I don't want to cause any upset. And you know what...if that gets me through another day, that's okay. It sounds like you have a very supportive husband. That's a wonderful blessing.

Fighting the temptation of alcohol is a battle, but it's a battle you've have been winning for five days! You are doing a fantastic job. I think that with the passing of time that sad feeling will lift. We just have to adjust to this new way of living without alcohol. That's something I haven't done for a few years, but I'm certain happier days are ahead for all of us here! Look forward to hearing from you again. Great job on Day 5!

Julie

Comment

Working...
    X