First time - please respond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all - my name is Barb..I am in desperate need of help...been drinking a long long time and it has finally ruined my life. Losing my home life along with every thing else. Glad I found this place and hope it helps me. All input is welcome and needed.::new:
    We live our lives in chains and dont even know we have the key!

thank you so much fan for your quick response - it is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Welcome Barnie Ellen ,
      As Fan says, read as much as you can and choose what you think will work for you - this is a great place for support & advice & the people are wonderful & non judgemental.

xx

Comment

Welcome Barbie! This is a great place you have come to and the program really works. Wishing you the best.
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Hi and glad your here as well. do all fan requested to get you started. Is there anyone that you can talk to around your home? That really helps to get you started. Also, post here frequently when you need help or answers. Everyone here is great and very helpful and full of support. Good luck to you and don't give up!

Comment

Hey Barbie, a step at a time, as fan said the book and the supplements are a great help.Where in MD.? are you? I'm in northern VA.
            smiles
            Mary

Comment

Hello Barb, glad you found us.. Have you read any other posts yet??? If not, have a read on some of the boards, this one is good, also the General Discussion board.. Just get a feel for the place, then when you are ready you can tell us a bit about yourself if you want to...

I have been here for nearly 6 months now, and in all that time I haven't had one drink, so this programme really works.. I must add though, its no magic cure, you have to put in the work, but, you will never be alone, there is alway someone here to listen, give advice, offer a helping hand or even a shoulder to cry on.....

There will be some one else along in a little while, just keep on reading and posting..

Catch ya soon.
              Love, Louise xx

A F F L..
              Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

:welcome: Barbie,

Fan summed it up brilliantly.

Hang in there..... you've taken the first step towards an exciting new life.
                A BushBaby with Attitude

Comment

Wow, is that a record???

Barbie posted at 4.22, Within 11 minutes she had 8 replies....
                  A F F L..
                  Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Welcome Barbie. You have just found a lot of " new best friends"

Jules:welcome:
                    AF Since December 2006

Comment

I am in Southern Maryland, La Plata! Maybe you are not so far away. Let me know

Comment

Thank you so much - already I feel so much better and that I am not alone. WOW! I am glad I stumbled onto this place - must have been angel sent.

Comment

Hi Barb,
                          You've come to the right place.
                          Thanks for joining us. We need all the help we can get.
                          :welcome:

Comment

Hey Barbie,
                            Just another welcome -- I went AF 39 days ago with the help of this program, the book, the boards and kudzu (I'm a real fan -- for me it is a miracle). We're all here to help one another, you'll find it is a great place. We are all rooting for you.
                            T.
                            Mama T.
                            Found MWO Feb. 17, 2007

Comment

Hi Barbie & :welcome:

This place is amazing, keep reading, It really does work xx
                              sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
                              X