First Time In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Time In

mustdobetter;114126 wrote: Welcome. Starting here is a great first step. You will get lots of good advice and support along the way. Good Luck to you.
    Thanks, I look forward to my 21st day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

First Time In

justme;114128 wrote: I've been a heavy drinker for about 30 years. When I first quit in October '06 I experienced some withdrawal symptoms, mostly like a 3 day hangover. I stayed quit for almost 3 weeks and have been moderating since then. I have found that when I decide not to drink I no longer have any withdrawal symptoms as my consumption is way less than it had been. I also have found that I can enjoy a couple of drinks and not lose control as long as I don't go past the third one. After that it's drink until bedtime or passed out whichever comes first.

Good Luck.
      I well short of 30 years but at my current pace I could follow in right behind you. Did you take any supplements or meds?

Comment

First Time In

Terry:
        There are no judgements here, but I don't think there are any doctors here either. You may have to get a docs advice if you a having really bad stomach cramps. Best of luck to you on cutting back or stopping all together. I know that the Kudzu really helped me with the cravings as did the Topamax. Keep us posted on how you're doing.
        Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

First Time In

Beaches;114132 wrote: Hi Terry and welcome.
          Check out the Health Store here on this site and also read the book. I cut down slowly myself. Keep posting and reading and you will find a lot of support here. Good luck.
          Preciate it!!!

Comment

First Time In

DidItForMe;114256 wrote: Terry:
            There are no judgements here, but I don't think there are any doctors here either. You may have to get a docs advice if you a having really bad stomach cramps. Best of luck to you on cutting back or stopping all together. I know that the Kudzu really helped me with the cravings as did the Topamax. Keep us posted on how you're doing.
            Started Kudzu yesterday, cravings (cramps) seemed to be less after taking about 600mg throught the day. Drank 2 glasses of vino last night after nine (a world record, usually start at 5) and went to bed. Took a lil bit to fall asleep but did okay. Slept lightly tossed and turned a bit and got up about an hour earlier. Felt pretty darn good compared to a 2 bottle night. I've been hitting the Kudzu hard today and things are okay right now at almost 6PM.........seems like I'm on my way. Thanks!

Comment

First Time In

Popeye;114188 wrote: Hello Terry.
              Good to have you with us.
              Thanks.................does spinach help any? :-)

Comment

First Time In

Terry - good to hear. I like the kudzu too. One thing that used to work for me was to have a huge glass of water when I thought I was going to cave in and pour a drink. Seems to be a good distraction.

Comment

First Time In

mustdobetter;114126 wrote: Welcome. Starting here is a great first step. You will get lots of good advice and support along the way. Good Luck to you.
                  Thanks for the note I it. Hey is there a general area to learn how to use this forum it's a little cumbersome for me I've never used a forum like this.............what's a thread vs a post? Thanks!

Comment

First Time In

Topamax

How much (MG) do you take a day and for how long?:new:

Comment

First Time In

Hi TerryD. The threads are started with original new posts using the button that says New Thread on the main page of the forum Just Starting Out. You started this thread with your first post. You post new or in response to an existing thread. All of the posts in response to your original new post are part of this thread. They are strung together.

Heck - I just confused myself. That probably didn't help much. You might find some info in the FAQs.

I don't take Topa, but there are plenty of folks here who can guide you with that also.
                      :rays: mdb :rays:

Good at being AF. Not so good at Moderation.

Lots of work yet to do!

Comment

First Time In

"Did you take any supplements or meds?"

No, but I've always eaten healthy, lots of green vegetables with my evening meal, avoid fast foods, etc.
                        "It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required."

Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

First Time In

Hopefully you have read or are going to read the MWO book. It out ines the Topamax dosage recommendations. Sounds like you are on your way with the Kudzu though, good going!!
                          Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

First Time In

Hi Terry what about a drinks diary for this week to record how you are cutting back on the booze?

Its good to look back and see how well you have done and you can forget unless its written down.
                            These tummy pains are a little bit worrying... maybe the doc need to check out the cause?
                            or maybe the liquid diet is causin them?

what about looking at eating three times a day something healthy and aim to half the booze for a week..if no better then could be a doctors appointment needed.

Whatever you decide ..welcome on board and we wish you well...another hint is log onto this site several times a day if needed..maybe at 4 when you get the urge to drink..it might put you off for a while anyway!!

Take care and hope you are happy to have made the decison to cut back,

Regards Cassy

Comment

Working...
                            X