30 days sober tomorrow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 days sober tomorrow!

Hey folks, long time lurker, first time poster. Just wanted to say I appreciate the things I have learned in here from all of you, makes saying goodbye to my 25 year evil friend in a bottle a lot easier.

Anyway, I'm just taking it a day at a time and making sure I do NOT have that first sip at all costs. Its the easiest yet the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. Day at a time though.

I thank you all for the wisdom and understanding I have learned here.

30 days sober tomorrow!

Wow, you sure did that QUIETLY :H !!

Anyway, Big Congratulations!

If you feel like posting more, we sure would welcome you in the Newbies Nest -- the more the merrier and the more different ideas out there for others to consider.
    Maybe something that has gotten you through these 30 days would be the perfect tip for someone else!

:welcome:

NS

Comment

30 days sober tomorrow!

Hello RIP - welcome - and awesome 30 days!! :goodjob:
      Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

30 days sober tomorrow!

Thank you all very much!

Made it about 4 months a couple years back or so. My heart wasnt in it though, and I kind of knew that in the back of my head, I think I was just appeasing the wife to bide my time.

When it's game over, you just know is all I can explain, though I am probably preaching to the choir here, heh.

Different this time. It has to be!

I'll keep on telling myself that, who knows what tommorow will bring, I'll deal with tommorow when it comes. TODAY I didn't touch a drop though and I'll count that as a win.

Thank you all for the warm welcome, you guys are awesome!

Comment

30 days sober tomorrow!

RIP557-
          Day 29 and counting, is that correct? Just keep counting!
          It gets better and better.
          Stay close, stay strong!
          BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

30 days sober tomorrow!

YOU GO RIP

Way to go man! So happy for your nearly 30 days. I admire the way you recognize that the other time was for a reason other than yourself. That is a good thing.

Sounds like you have a mission and we are here to help.

Same mission we are all on. Stick around

Comment

30 days sober tomorrow!

I'd like to join in on the well-deserved congratulations! You've got my motto down...all you gotta do is get thru this day! I'm so happy for you, it really does get better and easier!! We're so glad you're here! Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

30 days sober tomorrow!

Hi RIP!

Well you really snuck that one in on us! LOL

A HUGE congrats on your 30 days...like Molly said, stay vigilant. You sound strong...so keep up the good work!!!

K9
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

30 days sober tomorrow!

Hey Rip, A big congratulations. I am in awe of anyone who's managed the 30 day feat as it has eluded me as of yet (or should I say I've eluded it). Keep going and enjoy your success. Now the world is your oyster.

xx
                  Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                  ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

30 days sober tomorrow!

Congrats, RIP. You exercised a lot of mental muscles the past 30 days. Join us on one or several of the threads!
                    Free at Last
                    "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
                    http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

30 days sober tomorrow!

RIP, congrats on the big 30! Come join us on the April AF thread, and get the rest of the days in April AF as well! Awesome work :goodjob:
                      On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

30 days sober tomorrow!

Way to go RIP! I hope you stick around.

Comment

30 days sober tomorrow!

Rip ~ :welcome: to MWO & Congrats on the BIG 3 0 !!!

I read on a different thread that you were concerned about an upcoming gathering where some folks will be drinking & 'getting wasted'. Just wanted to give you some support and encourage you ~ Being sober is actually far better than impairing/inebriating yourself. Going into a situation with the mindset that you are being deprived is simply NOT true. You can enjoy your great meal, hopefully the company isn't too painful (may be interesting to observe what 'getting wasted' looks like when you aren't participating. This is ALWAYS a huge motivator for me :H), you can drive yourself home and feel Fan~freakin~tastic! in the morning (with the added benefits of remembering the entire evening, not making a fool of yourself or saying/doing something you will regret later). You truly aren't missing anything. Promise. You are on your way to a new & exciting life. I am so very happy for you and your accomplishment! :wd: Keep us posted, k?

All the best, P.
                          "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

30 days sober tomorrow!

Rip ~ :welcome: to MWO & Congrats on the BIG 3 0 !!!

Hope you are settling in and getting lots of support.

All the best, P.
                            "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

Working...
                            X