MWO Conference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MWO Conference?

Just a quick question, my partner is so happy with my AF success so far and he wondered if MWO ever holds conferences or expos. Do they? And if they do where could you find the information?
    On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

MWO Conference?

excellent question. AA does it and so does Women for Sobriety.
    I don't think MWO does though.....

I often wonder if I actually know any of you in REAL LIFE....wouldn't that be funny!!
    I just won't anymore

Comment

MWO Conference?

Thanks for the info jenniech, at every social function/work event AL is there, and the focus is always coming up with a plan to reinforce your decision to abstain and answering questions on why you are abstaining..My supportive spouse thought it might be nice to take a mini vacation and attend a conference/event that focuses on an AF life (which doesn't seem to be the norm, at least in our social circles!).....Past attempts at AA didn't work for me, but I will look into the women's sobrietys group to see what they offer.. I'm very grateful to have a spouse who is supportive in my quest to achieve an AF life. My past attempts to quit have failed so he is very happy I have found the MWO..

I watched flight last night, it scared me to death and I'm not talking about the plane scenes, am glad to have drinking out of my life..
      Have a great AF day!
      On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

MWO Conference?

Hey Halo

It sounds like you are doing great! And so happy that you a supporter there on your side!

I don't know about conferences. That would be fun though.

I can tell you that I have a real life friend out of this. Byrdlady lives 2 hours away from me, and we are getting together in a few weeks. She is a true friend and we discovered that we are both "beaders", making beaded jewelry etc.

I'm so grateful to have met her. I too have support from my bf, and only fairly recently found out that he did not want me to drink. Which is of course secondary to ME not wanting ME to drink but nice nonetheless.

What is your location? US?

Comment

MWO Conference?

Ann, I can't wait to meet you! Thank you for the kind words, right back at cha!
          It would be very cool to attend a conference hosted by MWO, I don't remember any such thing since I have been a member....maybe some of the older members can shed some light on that.
          I have made many close, personal friends here....who know more about me than even my family! It is a wonderful community. Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

MWO Conference?

Halo
            I totally agree that any gathering of any sort always has alcohol. And if there isn't, people always complain about it. It is pretty annoying!! To have an event where people go BECAUSE they don't want AL would be fun!
            I just won't anymore

Comment

MWO Conference?

I never heard of MWO conferences as such but I have been to a good few meet ups. Most of them being in Dublin, Ireland. I've also met one or two individually and I have to say I've had a ball every single time.

I'm lucky where I live in England that our local airport is nearly on our door step so it's just a quick 40min flight over there.

We've had long termers, newly sobers, getting sobers attending.

And do you know one of the best bits is when you sit down at your table and the wine waiters scurry across with the wine list only to be told to bring 4 jugs of water. I can honestly say I've laughed and talked myself hoarse. Wonderful, wonderful times and life long memories have been made.

Maybes start a thread to see if there's any one near you. I'm already saving up for my next trip to Dublin.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
              X