tomorrow...again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tomorrow...again

I know I've been down this road many, many times, however, tomorrow will be day one for me again.....I plan on a commitment of 4 weeks, but will strive for each day as it comes........

This is an attempt to make myself accountable.

tomorrow...again

Best of luck to you Phin. Been there many times. And each time, it was so much harder to get back on the sober train. Sounds to me like you are serious - remember though, after that four weeks, really think about how you feel, how much better everything is without alcohol. So many times, I remember setting limits, then when I would reach the goal, I would "reward" myself...only to have the whole damn cycle start over. And as I said, it was 100 times harder to get sobert. Totally not worth it.

Just my two cents - best of luck to you - you CAN do this!
    February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

tomorrow...again

It can be your LAST day 1, Phin!!

What is the plan for making it different this time? Don't just repeat a failed experiment - change one of the variables and give it another go! I had plenty of failures until I made one huge change --- getting help here!

All the best, NS

Comment

tomorrow...again

Welcome back Phin!!! I remember you from before.....I hope you stick around!! I am planning to myself!!
        I just won't anymore

Comment

tomorrow...again

I agree with planning to a degree, but have found for me, that it just made me want to reward myself, like another poster above said.

34 days in now with not much of a plan other than not drink today. Been working pretty well so far. Hang in there Phin. I noticed it got way better after about three weeks. I try not to do things I was doing while drinking, just made me think about drinking. And if I was planning too much, well to me that meant drinking was STILL dictating what I was going to do or not do even though I WASN'T drinking which makes me still under its control, which I hate if that makes any sense. I'd like to just take it out of the damn equation all together, which I see is finally starting to happen!

I promise it's going to get better and you will be so much happier. Here for ya!

Comment

tomorrow...again

Hi, Rip

Our difference in opinion might be nothing more than semantics because I would call this a good plan that takes commitment and effort :
            Rip557;1495280 wrote: I try not to do things I was doing while drinking, just made me think about drinking. !
            Way to go on the 34 days!

Comment

tomorrow...again

Heh, I think you are right. Looking back on my post, that does sound rather contradictory on my part!

I think it's that crazy place in my head I am at right now that seems to be working. Hard to put it into words!

Comment

tomorrow...again

I'll be thrilled to look in the mirror and not have a puffy eyed, fat, bloated person looking back......

Comment

tomorrow...again

And that is just the immediate affect Phin!!! What you get 85 days in is amazing....you just have to trust that.
                  I just won't anymore

Comment

tomorrow...again

affect or effect?
                    haven't had my coffee yet :H
                    I just won't anymore

Comment

tomorrow...again

Phin, I'm right here with you... Day 2 for me. I wish I had the eloquence of some others on this site, but I really don't. I'll just say I'm right here with you, and the only way to start a journey is right at the very beginning.

I'll be thinking of you... hang in there.
                      "Feel the fear... move through it... do it anyway."
                      Jillian Michaels

Comment

tomorrow...again

Wonderful goal, 30 days is a HUGE achievement.

If I might suggest.....break it down into some smaller goals first. I always like 1 day, 7 days, then 30 days. Each one builds on itself, and gets a little bit further away.

When you start hitting your goals, you gain confidence and feel successful
                        Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

tomorrow...again

I wholeheartedly agree with Nelz!!!
                          I just won't anymore

Comment

tomorrow...again

Something I wish I had known how getting sober distorts time.

Day one feels like a week, week one feels like three months , then gradually time contracts back down to normal again.

Now there aren't enough hours in a day......HOW did I find four hours a day to drink ?

When you start off the simple terror that it will be like day one forever is absolutely daunting............but it changes so quickly.

Be brave, trust what the longer sober tell you, and stick at it.

Comment

tomorrow...again

hi phin,you can do it! stick around this time even if you fail,theres something about being here that makes me dust off and get back in the saddle ya know?i wish you strength
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X