First time on this site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time on this site

Hello, I have been struggling to not drink so much due to getting tired of worrying about what I did the night before and wanting to see if I could quit at all. I have drank for years and more heavily as the years roll on. I wanted to cut down and do like I did years ago by just drinking once in a while but I don't know if I can do that but I also didn't think I could quit for a day and now it has been 38 days. I have more energy than in the recent past. I tried to find a website to help me today because I became upset with my son and all I thought about was drinking and I went online and found a thread on a site that mentioned this site had helped them so here I am. I haven't drank and haven't gone to the store. Thanks for this site.

First time on this site

Hi, Jellybean1,

You sound like you're in a good place and have some experience. MWO has been such a help and blessing for me. Read, read, read and post and ask questions. I'm glad you found us!

Comment

First time on this site

Hi Jellybean and :welcome: to MWO.

Well done you on your AF time.....that is awesome. Don't let the issue with your son derail you......it will pass and whatever your response sober it will be ten times better than your response drinking.

Stick with this site....you will find friends, support and a way to clear your head and learn to live a healthy life.

Comment

First time on this site

Welcome, Jellybean1!
        I agree with the other posters...read, post, read, question, laugh, cry...learn.
        This is a terrific spot to get help, advice, attention.
        And support. If you are serious about changing yoru habits, this can be a wonderful place to make it happen.
        Stay Strong!
        BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

First time on this site

Welcome, Jellybean1. You are already weeks ahead of some of us -- congratulations! You might want to check out the newbies nest, or join the April AF thread -- there are several people who just joined this week. We would welcome any tips on how you have been thus far successful in your AF life. Cheers, Free
          Free at Last
          "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
          http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Working...
          X