New to this site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to this site

Happened to stumble onto this sight and was encouraged by what I read. I had been drinking and hiding it for sometime. Not even sure how it got so out of control. My husband didn't even know how bad it was. That is until I landed in the hospital with pancreatitis. I haven't had a drink in seven weeks now. I have had my moments but overall I am doing ok. It helps to know I'm not alone

New to this site

Lizann :welcome:
    7 weeks is fantastic!! Read past posts, get to know us and tell us about you!! Check out the newbie's nest and you will see there are lots of folks with similar stories.....I am so glad you found MWO! It has been my anchor and I hope it is for you too....
    I just won't anymore

Comment

New to this site

Hi Liz and :welcome: to MWO.

As Jenni said 7 weeks is fantastic.

Use your time to read and confirm why you never want to go back. Being sober rocks !

Comment

New to this site

Welcome LIZANN, I hope you are feeling better from the pancreatitis ! ! !

7 weeks, wow. That's great.

-S-

Comment

New to this site

Lizann-
          Whatever circumstance brough you here, WELCOME! It's a great place to get support and encouragement on your road to sobriety.
          Everyone has their own reasons for wanting to be here; read, post, interact...you will find a lot of friends and support!
          And CONGRATULATIONS on 7 weeks!
          Stay Strong!
          BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

New to this site

Lizann, welcome and congrats on 7 weeks sober. You are an example for many of us. Check out the Newbies' Nest, or join the AF April thread. We could learn from your success! Cheers, Free
            Free at Last
            "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
            http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

New to this site

Great job and welcome! The links to 2 amazing places are in my signature line! Hope to see you over in the nest!! 7 weeks is amazing! Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

New to this site

Wow, thanks for the encouragement. Feeling a little melancholy tonite this definitely picked me up!

Comment

New to this site

:hithere: Lizann,

Indeed, you are not alone. So glad you found this site too! It can be a wonderful place of comfort and support.

Congrats & cheers on the sober time already accomplished! Hope your body, mind and spirit are on the mend.

Please stick close and settle yourself in...

:huggy P.
                  "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

New to this site

Hello. I have read the book My Way Out, have read other books too, have tried on my own to quit drinking or reduce drinking...have been successful for weeks at a time. I would really like to find a "buddy" to work with to committ to this and am reaching out to either a mentor or a newbie on this site.
                    I am a single mom, 53 years old, successful professional. Embarrassed of my obession with alcohol, my failed attempts to control it. Have a daughter who goes to college. Involved with a committed partner who hates my drinking.
                    I actually got the toprimax in January and spent 2 wonderful weeks off drinking and am now realizing those were the happiest days I have had in 20 years.
                    I so don't want to go to AA meetings. I want to be a part of this.
                    I have been reading the blogs and messages for months and finally (with tears in my eyes) am writing tonight. I hate myself this way.
                    Is there anybody that would like to do this with me starting tomorrow 4/24/2013?
                    I am very educated, sincere, compassionate and would love to have someone to go through this with.
                    Grateful for any response.
                    K

Comment

Working...
                    X