Worst I've ever been

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst I've ever been

Joemero, going to your AA meeting is the best decision you can make right now.
    I know exactly how you feel.. you don't know how you'll be able to cope without your alcohol crutch..
    When I went into my first AA meetings, I was so scared..I could not even admit to the group that I was an alcoholic.. I simply said, I pass.. It took several meetings before I could even breath normally.. but you know what? I enjoy my meetings now, I am learning so much, they are truly a blessing.
    As difficult to believe as this may sound right now, it gets easier as time goes by..
    You need to prepare yourself physically and mentally to be sober for a month, your cravings will be the strongest during the first 4-6 weeks, so get involved in the 12 step program and go to as many meetings as you can. Life gets so much easier once you sober up and your cravings diminish.

Comment

Worst I've ever been

I slipped yesterday :bang the cravings were incredibly strong and "one" beer for my "headaches" turned into many. I need to come clean here, because if I'm not honest it's not going to work. I missed my AA meeting too. I'm glad tomorrow is the start of a new month and I'm going to work really hard on staying sober for the month of May.

I'm looking at trying Naltrexone and the Sinclair Method too. I was just amazed at how strong the cravings were.
      First attempt June 30 (42 days)

Day 1: August 13, 2013
      7 Days:
      14 Days:
      30 Days:
      60 Days:
      90 Days:

Comment

Worst I've ever been

yeah joe sometimes my cravings turn my legs into jello,i become obsessed try to distract myself but its always on my mind some days,i think most of us are like that,dust yourself off and get back up
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Worst I've ever been

Joemero;1499084 wrote: I slipped yesterday :bang the cravings were incredibly strong and "one" beer for my "headaches" turned into many. I need to come clean here, because if I'm not honest it's not going to work. I missed my AA meeting too. I'm glad tomorrow is the start of a new month and I'm going to work really hard on staying sober for the month of May.

I'm looking at trying Naltrexone and the Sinclair Method too. I was just amazed at how strong the cravings were.
          Hi Joe,

I've done this as well and sometimes coming back here and being honest just sucks...but it always helps. Somehow, someway I get more determined to become AL free.

I've not used the Naltrexone or Sinclare but I hope they are helpful.

:l
          On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
          *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Worst I've ever been

Well done you

Hi Jo,
            The title of your thread caught my eye, I'm on yet another day 1 and I wonder how bad it has to get. I've been on a bungee jump of stopping and starting for the last ten years. I got sober with AA and stayed sober for 8yrs My marriage broke down and I started drinking again and have been on and off it ever since.

I was inspired by your courage in going to your first AA meet, I've been loath to back there. Why ? Probably my pride and sense of shame, even though I know that it work IF I work it.

I also admire your honesty in getting straight back in here amoung the winners. I am going to an AA meeting Fri night, that a promise to myself and one I shall report back.

Good Luck Jo, you've learnt a lot in the last week and helped me tonight.

Lea:h
            Today, I will live one day at a time and do one thing at a time

It was obvious from a very early age that my mind and I were not going to get on. Kay Redfield Jameson

Comment

Worst I've ever been

paulywogg;1499245 wrote: yeah joe sometimes my cravings turn my legs into jello,i become obsessed try to distract myself but its always on my mind some days,i think most of us are like that,dust yourself off and get back up
              What pauly said....

Don't give up.
              "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Worst I've ever been

May 1 and day 1 again...Let's make May alcohol free! going to my AA meeting tonight.

7 Days:
                14 Days:
                30 Days:
                60 Days:
                90 Days:

Comment

Worst I've ever been

You can do it Joe! I have complete faith in you!
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Worst I've ever been

K9Lover;1499621 wrote: You can do it Joe! I have complete faith in you!
                    Thanks K9!

7 Days:
                    14 Days:
                    30 Days:
                    60 Days:
                    90 Days:

Comment

Worst I've ever been

hows it going joe?
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Worst I've ever been

paulywogg;1501219 wrote: hows it going joe?
                        a little frustrated but back...starting Day 2 again. My wife said she is definitely leaving and taking the kids as soon as school is out for summer vacation. I'm focusing on trying to stay sober and get the cobwebs out of my head to focus on whatever comes. I hope they stay, but I can't blame her for her decision if she leaves.

7 Days:
                        14 Days:
                        30 Days:
                        60 Days:
                        90 Days:

Comment

Worst I've ever been

Hi Joe!

Tell me if I'm being too nosy, but is your wife leaving because of your drinking?
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Worst I've ever been

Joe, have you talked with a doctor about meds? They're not magic, but when combined for a desire for abstinence they give you that little extra boost without which you might cave.
                            In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

Worst I've ever been

K9Lover;1502435 wrote: Hi Joe!

Tell me if I'm being too nosy, but is your wife leaving because of your drinking?
                              That's her primary reason...We have had ups and downs for the last 5 years for many other reason's too, finances, problems with my son. Ultimately I realize things could be much better without me drinking. I realize that.

Day 2 pretty much done

7 Days:
                              14 Days:
                              30 Days:
                              60 Days:
                              90 Days:

Comment

Worst I've ever been

Alky;1502441 wrote: Joe, have you talked with a doctor about meds? They're not magic, but when combined for a desire for abstinence they give you that little extra boost without which you might cave.
                                I'm thinking about Naltrexone and the sinclair method, but reading that book kinda set me off this weekend because I justified the fact that the Alcohol Deprivation Effect can be bad for you, etc...risk of a worse relapse etc, and that weaning off with the Naltrexone is better in curing the addiction. Problem is I don't have the medication yet! Duh :argh:

7 Days:
                                14 Days:
                                30 Days:
                                60 Days:
                                90 Days:

Comment

Working...
                                X