Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp burning HOT foot pain ?

Hi

i have started to get random red hot burning pains in my feet from time to time almost at the point some one is holding a flame to my foot
    so i ask doctor google as it seems it could come from heavy drinking ?

BEFORE you say anything YES i will go and ask my doctor but i was curious to see if anyone else can relate to this ?

Impossible to be sure, but it sounds a lot like peripheral neuropathy.

Comment

Excessive alcohol can cause tingling, pins and needles in the extremities. I'd check with your Dr and do what you can to get AF. Bit obvious I know!
      I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Are you diabetic?
        Peripheral neuropathy is a common problem with diabetics. Best to get checked out!
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

maybe gout?
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

thanks will get it checked

Comment

Peripheral neuropathy from excessive drinking first manifests itself in the feet because the nerves in the legs (that end in the feet) are among the longest in the body, therefore are the most vulnerable to alcohol poisoning. And I always wondered when I was starting my drinking career in college why I always felt intoxication in my feet first. I'd ask others and they'd all look at me like I was from Mars.
              In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

Hello, I had completely forgotten about this symptom. Yes I had started to get this feeling, I was quite frightened as I thought I may have done some permanent nerve damage, it's such a strange feeling.

Luckily it went away completely when I got sober, and I never get this any more. I don't have diabetes but I did find out I was hypoglycaemic, if it a symptom of diabetes, I wonder if it also a sign of that as they are both blood sugar related and also (I think) more common in heavy drinkers?
                Free since 26th February 2012

Comment

Working...
                X