Hope starts Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope starts Here

Alky;1502120 wrote: How are you doing with the campral? I'm on lucky day 13, and I'm not sure I would have made it that far without campral. The effects are subtle, but the stuff really works. I'm finding other compulsive behaviors have stopped along with the craving for alcohol.
    Yeah, I think Campral's a wonder drug! I was actually still drinking when i first started on it, but am now on the eve of Day 11!
    sigpic

Comment

Hope starts Here

brandivino;1501053 wrote: The last time i got smashed was last Sunday night at the pub round the corner from our place. I drank vodka after vodka, and was chatting with an equally drunk (i suspect) friend. Thing is, the Publican continued to serve me, having no idea i was smashed to the eyeballs. She was apparently horrified when i got off my chair to leave and fell onto the floor and was unable to get up again. She drove me home! Of course i went and saw her the next day to apologise for my behaviour and told her i have a problem. She said i was chatting, appeared alert, and was not slurring my words. That's tolerance for you! Anyway, having notified the conscientious Publican of my problem is probably a good way to prevent a repeart......at least at that pub!

Seriously, Day 6, while a little flat and grey, is a good feeling.

take care everyone,
      love B
      Brandi, I was so good at hiding intoxication, I've been pulled over twice by the police while blotto, once for speeding and once for not wearing my seat belt, and neither time was I given a field sobriety test. But you know what they say. Third time is a charm. I have a feeling my luck would not have held out.
      In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

Hope starts Here

Hypernova;1499615 wrote: Brandivino, :goodjob: on day 3, keep on!!
        Today is day 3 for me also. As others say this is definitely hard but doable. Good for you on experiencing a 'wake' w/o drinking. Looking at others drinking/drunk whacks me right in the forehead & reminds me of the power and allure of AL.
        I see how it makes the strong grovel and fools of us all/fools all of us.
        ~~~ Yes I'm glad you like the Thoreau quote~~~ He was a great writer/thinker and I believe highly under appreciated by our fast paced out of control society.
        Many would benefit by trying to be/think like him (myself included.)

~~kuya, thanks for the link to Dr Wilson, I have read many of his articles as well the one you included. A little depressing that he thinks it takes years for the body to recover to normal but also how much improvement can be made in just a few short weeks. I include the link again and recommend checking out his home page as well, there are many good articles.
        Alcoholism & Other Addictions
        Well done Brandivino for the progress so far, and to you Hypernova.

Hyper....the rapid I prove,ent seen in the first four months is so great that the rest is just icing. I have asked people long term sober whether they feel any difference physically between one, two or three years sober and they dont.

Also this guy is an 'eeyore' about everything.......

I drank heavily every night for twenty three years and what amazes me is how QUICKLY we can recover. I am eight months sober and feel fantastic, and NEVER miss or crave alcohol.

Comment

Working...
        X