Starting new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting new

Hello briseus! It is difficult. I had a very hard time Mon. not drinking but I rode out the waves, somehow. I am very depressed though and know it. I agree with you and I think stress is a huge part of it. Stress though is an ongoing condition that we must find better ways than alcohol to deal with it. I'm glad you are here as you say and I also know that run/hide drink routine. Trouble is, that routine always gets you back to square one. So now I am going to get on my bike trainer to try and lift my spirit off the floor. I wish you well against our common foe. ....take care

Comment

Starting new

very good work hypernova!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Starting new

Day two almost in the bag. Since I am on my way to bed soon it's pretty much done. This is hard. But I think there are so many resources today that I am hopeful. Going to start with the supplements as I know they are key. Bike ride tomorrow and then after a week of AF days I will attempt to tackle some long overdue chores. ~~~ briseus & Phin~ hope you are well. ~~~~ I am feeling like crap but will sit through it

Comment

Starting new

Bri, Phin and Hyper - Hang in there. Let us know how you're doing today ok?
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Starting new

May 1, Day 1

Looking forward to taking this journey with all of you just starting out. Please continue to share your insights.

Peace
            Mags Mom

May 2, Day 2

Comment

Starting new

Thanks for asking K9 I am doing much better today. Supplements and exercise are what I need to feel this way. I swear by Vitamin C, stress which leads to depression is almost nil. I have taken Vit C most of my life probably not being aware that it was helping me. Now when I feel like crap I hit the C hard and it's an amazing difference for me. Of course I take other supps. but nothing is as noticeable and it works fast. A link to the stress/depression view, there are many articles don't know why I chose this one.
              Vitamin C ? Cortisol & Stress | Help Anxiety

:welcome: MagMom, you are in good company here if you truly would like to quit, congrats on day 1. Keep posting and hang in. Day 3 for me in the bag, almost.

Comment

Starting new

Hi evryone ant been here in a while my name is trucker hope you all r doing great peace Bill

Comment

Starting new

Welcome Trucker.

Well...I haven't been doing great, but not bad either. My nights have been busy with moving but at the very end instead of taking that bath to unwind I have a glass or two of wine.
                  How do you guys deal with all the stress of moving? We have a few more days of moving to go...work is soooo slow as I sit here for eight hours a day wondering what I COULD be doing to speed the process of moving on...then I also have school I need to study and everything else!

I know that there is no "wrong" time to focus on quitting...but maybe it would be a safer bet if I started once I am completely moved in...ugh. I am so scatterbrained and lost!!!

Comment

Starting new

Great discussion!!!
                    champagne deals

Comment

Starting new

Hi Bri ~ Bri,

It's nice to see you back. I hope you will re-read your words you've written on how much happier, clearer your mind is when your not drinking. This magical thinking so many of us do, or have done. We think were regaining control over our drinking by having just a couple.

Then it comes back to haunt us. You know cause you've experienced this how many times now? "Oh I Win". Something Mollers brought to the forums attention awhile back. Alcohol is a sneaky bugger.

Hope you get refocused & stick to your original objectives, plans, so that you can achieve your best outcomes for a happy, healthy life.

Comment

Working...
                      X