I blew it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I blew it...

My husband came back from his trip and I thought we would have a drink or two, we went through a bottle and a half with me drinking most of it. I feel like crap this morning...again. I don't know how to stop. I ordered the pills and I am waiting for them to come. He is a bit upset at me as I stayed up so late watching a movie and talking on the phone to my brother and cousin. I have a twinge of a headache. I told him I ordered some pills to help me quit and he was happy about that as he can go without it if it's not in the house, I can't seem to. :upset:

I blew it...

GG, you haven't blown it. Tomorrow will be a fresh day. I have been bad this week so I am setting Sunday night as my first AF.

I =t doesn't help feeling bad when your hubby is annoyed too. Maybe you could think about Topa if you haven't yet.

You've been doing so well... it's a bloody hard thing to get a handle on, both physically and psychologically.

Doo
    :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

I blew it...

I'm not really comfortable with going on meds like that.. I'm going to try the vitamins and supps first. Today, I am going to start...again. I just have to wrap my mind around this, I've been drinking for so long that's it hard to stop.. you know what it's like. (big sigh)..back to square 1.

Comment

I blew it...

GG......... giddy up you can do it!!
        "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

I blew it...

How are you doing Maxman?

Comment

I blew it...

GG, That's right. Wrap your mind around it. Have you tried the CD's at all? I listen to them when I go to bed and swear that my brain absorbs whatever the person is saying in my sleep and it makes a difference.
            Good luck. It will be better just keep trying.
            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

I blew it...

GG,

You haven't blown it!!!!

Like you I was drinking in the morning when I first found this site and also drinking alone. In my early days I used to feel proud of myself for getting through the day time and waiting till evening and then only if hubby was home, so I personally think that you did well yesterday.

Hugs & Love to you :l :h :l
              sigpicXXX

Comment

I blew it...

GG...You have NOT blown it!!!!! ...today is a new day...every day is....thank God for that!....just start again with new resolve for you and the bub and make a new plan...im sure the supps will help...Belive in yourself...just by coming back here everyday you are putting ot out there that you want to change and that is a powerful thing.....you post for others and that will come back to you as well...we can do this....:h buck

Comment

I blew it...

Hi GG-

Today is a new day. If your hubby is supportive & won't drink if it's not in the house then don't have any in the house. Try the supps first & see if that works. I take the Topa (I'm at 100 mg & not going any higher) & don't have any of the side effects you might hear of (if that's what you're leary of) except for that "on the tip of my tounge" forgetfulness every once in awhile-but then again-it could be that one left over brain cell waking up!

Onward & upward!
                  :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

I blew it...

GG I think many of us can relate!

I don't think I've been AF for one day for at least 20 years (except for 2 days in the hospital on morphine!)

I slipped big time too afterthe holidays, but am back now as of Monday working on getting it under control.

This time I really increased the Kudzu. I take it about an hour before the time when I usedto feel those "triggers" to drink. For me that was even my bloody mary in the morning! I have to say .. I THINK ITS WORKING!

I'm not AF but have gone from 2-3 bottles of wine a day (with no one else helping me drink it!) to 1 bottle a day. Still a lot but it's a good target for me right now.

The last 2 nights I looked at the clock, then the bottle ... OH OH... I'm not going to make it!

Popped 3 Kudzu and in a bit I was able to sip again .. and DAMN! I actually went to bed with a wee bit even left in my glass!

Day 5 for me on this course. If I can make it through the weekend and stay at this point, I will know I am really making progress.

I should maybe be AF, but for me, I fear doing just what you did. Stop all together and get obsessed thinking about it and then drink too much. So for now this is my plan ...

It's a fresh day. Set a new goal.

Hugs!
                    WTE

Comment

Working...
                    X