Well hell...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well hell...

...I'm 45 days alcohol free today. It gets better and better doesnt it!

I now see alchohol as it really is, a socially accepted poison that 90 percent of the human population willingly imbibes and some of us unfortunate ones sink to the bottom of the trap.

When I look at it or even see people drinking it now, its literally like watching somebody ingesting rat poison.

I have never been this long without it in memory the last 25 years or so, and never thought I could be this happy without it. Keep going a day at a time folks, after awhile it will be 2 days, then a week, hell now I dont even think about it unless its negatively.

Thank you all for your encouragement, both directly and indirectly and remember however hard the next step is dont give up!

If you need to, just give me a holler and I'll circle back around and CARRY your ass across the finish line with me!

Peace be with you all!!

Rip

Well hell...

What am inspiring post. Thanks for sharing. I am on day two and already better! 45 days is awsome. Congratulations!
    AF since Halloween 2016

Trying to kill my Wine Witch! :smileyb:

Comment

Well hell...

Rip557;1500014 wrote: ...I'm 45 days alcohol free today. It gets better and better doesnt it!
      If you need to, just give me a holler and I'll circle back around and CARRY your ass across the finish line with me!

Peace be with you all!!

Rip
      Hey, Rip - CONGRATULATIONS!

Love your sentiment about helping one another! It seems like we all need a carry at one point or another. Two days ago I was just so down about all this, eventual failure seemed inevitable but I was lifted up by MWO friends and once again am raring to go !

I'm not sure there is a finish line but maybe at some point we get to just walk along happily together.

:h NS

Comment

Well hell...

awsome

thank you for the words of inspiration. I need to hear stuff like this more often. This is day 4 for me and the weekend is coming up. that is my danger zone. I am going to read posts and ones like these are what inspires newbies like myself to keep on.
        No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Well hell...

Yea, thank you for sharing! It was something that I needed to read today!

Comment

Well hell...

me too! :thanks:
            March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
            May 29: back to day 1
            June: The battle continues......

Comment

Well hell...

Awesome job Rip!!! It does keep getting better.

Comment

Well hell...

Nice One

Well done Rip !

The world does look better when you take the bottom of the glass out of the way.

:goodjob:
                Today, I will live one day at a time and do one thing at a time

It was obvious from a very early age that my mind and I were not going to get on. Kay Redfield Jameson

Comment

Well hell...

YOU GO RIP!

Loved your post! It is funny to watch people drinking in a way. Especially when the effects become obvious.

I am so happy for you to have your 45 days. If you can get through the beginning it becomes more and more clear what we were doing to ourselves.

Thank you for being here!

Comment

Well hell...

well done RIP!!!
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Well hell...

Thank you all!

@Wine-no and Little Beagle good job on day 4 and 2! For the weekend beagle, the "anticipation" of not drinking is much worse than not drinking, at least I have found. Once you figure out in your head your not "deprived" or missing out its literally like a fog lifting and you wont know what the hell you were thinking all those years!

Deprived of what? hangovers? being an asshole? Waking up wondering if wife was pissed or not because of something I said that I cant remember? Wondering if I am going to get stopped at the gate on the military base and breathylized the next morning ending my 22 year naval career?

Might not happen in your head today, or tommorow but it will, I promise. Hang in there buddy and I know its hard but trust yourself! (sorry for the cliche', heh, but its true)

Comment

Well hell...

Congratulations Rip. like you I watch those drinking with interest not envy. It is hard to see those who are exhibiting addictive drinking and say nothing. I also know if I were to say anything invitations would dry up

Comment

Well hell...

:goodjob: Great job Rip!
                          Keep going, I promise you will have no regrets
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Well hell...

It's so true what you say RIP... About the hangovers, arguments, fog and worry... Alcohol actually ruins weekends and doesn't enhance them... I have spent many weekend afternoons in bed sleeping off lunchtime drinks (even two used to send me to sleep at lunchtime). What a waste of time! And what a shame for my beautiful kids... I am already starting to see the light - and I'm only on day three!
                            AF since Halloween 2016

Trying to kill my Wine Witch! :smileyb:

Comment

Well hell...

That's awesome rip,LM 34 days today,l haven't been doing many social things yet,just work,hope l look at it funny as well when people get drunk,l have a large party to go to on the 11 the ,but a few of my sober friends will be there, as well l have a family reunion in July,usually a big drink fest,hope l handle that well,l guess my first function with a lot of alcohol will be a good test,l want this sobriety for my health and family,they are so happy for me,l get a bit down sometimes,is that normal,mostly in evening when l would drink,how long for that to pass,thanks for any advice,sorry for not posting on my own ,l don't know ,how to get to it to be a new post,thanks again,so proud of you!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X