desperate to stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

desperate to stop

:new: hi everyone im a newby here im on the computer because i cant sleep owing to a hangover caused by the bottle of brandy i drank last night ,i am desperate to stop drinking , i have drank heavy for about 20 years which has caused me serious medical problems yet i cant stop ,i wake up every morning promiseing to to go to AA but end up in the off sales , i know nobody can take me by the hand to AA meetings but i just cant stop drinking ,has anyone else felt like this

desperate to stop

Hello Mo,
    Thanks for coming.
    Stay a while.
    :welcome:

Comment

desperate to stop

Welcome big mo. I don't know where you live but when i was so desperate i called the AA number and they said that someone could come to my house and take me to the AA meeting with them. ( live in the UK) Can you do that?

Comment

desperate to stop

Hi mo, yes of course someone else feels like that, lots and lots and lots of us. When I am on my first days AF (alcohol free), it takes huge, massive effort not to go to the shop, even if I need food etc I try to ask someone else to go, kids in the street etc, as I KNOW that if I go myself I will buy booze. Maybe we should start a thread asking folks what there way through this is.. ok then guys, how do you get past the shop??

Keep looking in mo and keep reading all the threads, this is the greatest place on earth for us.

Lorna
        Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

desperate to stop

hi popeye and bella thanx for posting i have looked up the local paper and there is a lunchtime meeting at the local AA room so i want to go to it ,i will let you know if i do it

Comment

desperate to stop

sorry lorna i just saw your post thank you too for your message

Comment

desperate to stop

Thats great big mo! I think that you are a strong person and you will be fine. Keep posting here, we are all rooting for you. Bella xx

Comment

desperate to stop

Hi Big Mo,
                welcome if you are in the UK and call AA they will send someone to
                pick you up and take you to a meeting.
                Best of luck x

Comment

desperate to stop

Mo, come back on later and let us know how you got on at AA meeting, i've never been to one (lack of confidence) and wondered what a first timer did at them. Ok lack of confidence AND frightened anyone knows me there....

Lorna
                  Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

desperate to stop

I have never been but if you see anyone you know, they are there for the same reason as you, so no need for embarressment.

Comment

desperate to stop

Think of something thats really important to you

Think of something thats really important to you that you have'nt managed to accomplish yet.... because of drinking. Hold that good thought (wish list) in your mind and know that it can become a reality once you start the journey away from booze. Booze destroys our selfworth but we in turn can detroy booze's destructive hold on us. It sure as hell ain't easy, so don't think of the whole overwhelming picture right now. You've taken the first step by talking to everyone here. Believe me BIG STEPS will follow. Just hold tight onto that wish list and keep talking here. I also find that paricipating in the Drink Tracker helps me.... its like giving yourself a pat on the back every time you enter another day. Hang in there Big Mo, you can beat this roller coaster. MWO is just one big positive wibe and its pointed directly at you.:l
                      A BushBaby with Attitude

Comment

desperate to stop

HI TO EVERYONE WHO REPLIED AND THANK YOU , I DID'NT MAKE THE AA MEETING BUT I DID'NT DRINK LAST NIGHT AND I HAVE SPENT A LOT OF TIME READING POEPLES EXPERIACES ON THIS SITE AND I AM HOPEFUL THAT WILL HELP ME GET THROUGH TODAY ,I PLAN TO COME BACK ON THIS SITE LATER TO GET ME THROUGH THE PERIOD EACH DAY WHEN WHEN I THINK ABOUT DRINKING THANX

Comment

desperate to stop

Definetely keep coming back. This is the best site I have found in years, I can't thank everyone here enough for what they do for everyone.

Comment

desperate to stop

Hi Mo & Welcome....

Every little attempt is a step forward. Have you read the book yet?
                            :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

desperate to stop

Hi Mo:welcome:

I'm glad you have been reading the experiences of people of this board, they are just amazing and inspire me day after day.

The recommended process is to read RJ's book, take the supplements and listen to the CD's. You can do this:h
                              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Working...
                              X