desperate to stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

desperate to stop

righ on Big Mo! another thing that can really help you is taking your vitamin/mineral routine very seriously...if you've been drinking like I did then you'll be very low on B vit's and Magnesium etc. Gotta feed the brain the right stuff!
    you say you've had health issues? have you spoken to your doc about meds to help you?
    take care,
    D
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

desperate to stop

Welcome Big Mo.......How are you doing? I'm so glad you found this site. It has been a literal life saver for so many of us! Sending you warm wishes on your new journey towards health!

Comment

desperate to stop

Hey Big Mo:
        Glad to have you with us! You have definately come to the best place for help and support. Please get some vits in your body! I have been drinking for 20+ years and my body really needed the support that the vitamins etc gave. Oy, what we do to ourselves!!! Read the book, you will see that there are lots of things that can help you. Stay and chat too. Looking forward to hearing more from you.
        Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

desperate to stop

Welcome!

Hi Big Mo,

Just to add my :welcome: as well - ditto all the above and looking forward to seeing you around - great to read, read, read - there is so much good advice, support, inspiration here.
          Good luck as you start out...a new life awaits!:l
          :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
          Goals:
          Days 1-7 DONE
          Days 8-14 DONE
          Days 15-21 DONE
          30 days DONE
          60 days
          100 days

Comment

desperate to stop

Hi Mo & :welcome:

I didn't try AA, but did try counselling, It was good to start with as I saw a recovering alcoholic, but then I was assigned to a student who had never had an addiction to anything and just told me what the textbooks said. I seem to remember coming home from that and drinking...

However, since finding this place I have turned my life around in just 5 months ....

you too can do it, stick around xx
            sigpicXXX

Comment

desperate to stop

Welcome!

Hello and welcome Big Mo.
              I am glad you found this site. Like somebody already mentioned, it has been a lifesaver for so many of us. There is tons of support here and you can let it all out, if you feel like it.
              Welcome again and hugs xoxoxox
              Lori
              *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
              X